[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks everyone for your replies. With regards to bank accounts, I have my own account were my wages were deposited (I'm unable to work as I'm my husbands full time carer now) so my CA goes into that account. My husband has his seperate counts, one of which I was told to set up in my name by the DWP...
Thanks Melly for your email, it was slightly different before his injury we both worked so he paid for the petrol weekly and I paid for the food (it worked out that both cost roughly the same amount). He can't drive now so no petrol costs, I only get carers allowance so have lost a lot of my own per...
Ok what I mean by the food bill is the cost of our weekly shop. So when buying the food it's not just for him it's for both of us as we are married. So for example this week's shopping bill was £45 so does that mean I have to go through every single item decide if he ate it or if we shared it. If we...
It's a difficult one, as we are are married, so for instance the food bill is not just for him but for both of us. The household bills have to be paid from his account as I only recieve £250 a month for looking after him so I can't afford to pay the bills as it would leave me with nothing to live on!
Good news I've recieved paperwork back and have PoA for both finance and health. I've read the paperwork sent for the health section and understand what my responsibilities are. However I'm not fully sure what my responsibilities are for finance. In how much detail do I have to record purchases, the...
Hi

I've made an application for a PoA, I had a telephone call today asking me to make the fee payment which I paid. When I asked what happened next the call handler told me that a caseworker would write to me in 2-3 weeks.

Does this sound about right?

Thanks
We had the same social worker for 18 months, who was fantastic.... understanding and fully supportive of us. He told us when he was assigned to us that there was going to be a reorganisation of departments and at some point he would leave us (I suspect it was more to do with cuts in funding).. littl...
Sounds like hard hard work Pet, as if we don't have enough to do as carers! I'm so glad that 2 professionals have told me he has capacity to make this decision.

Sorry it should have read as IMCA - it's an independent mental capacity advocate.
I initially thought we might have to go down the route of CoP but after the assessment we are applying for PoA. I looked at the guidelines for CoP and it looks complicated and time consuming! I'm glad and relieved that both IMAC and GP agreed that he has capacity to make a decision on what he wants....
Hi Bowlingbun

Got the paperwork and have a very good independent adviser who is helping us fill it in and the IMCA will witness, GP has been very good and says she will help if needed.