[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Great stuff Mary. Well done! Small victories all add up.

Do you pay Council Tax? If so and you haven't already, call the council and see if you are entitled to a reduction/exemption.
What a tough time. Just keep in mind that your unborn child always comes top of your priorities. I don't have a lot to add to what people have said. If you can get some help in place now hopefully you can enjoy your new baby. For your Dad, I would see if he has a MacMillian Nurse as they are total l...
Seems to me you're all missing the point. The reason the system is so difficult to negotiate and progress through is PRECISELY to keep it difficult for claimants. The harder it is to claim, the less is claimed. So the more money is saved. Bingo! (Cynical? Moi?!) This is what makes me so sad. There ...
I have been totally shocked how difficult the system is to negotiate. Both my sister and I are confident and reasonably articulate, intelligent people and have struggled to find where to get help, who to speak to and have increasingly found that if you sit and wait for things to happen as they shoul...
I really hope you get your break together as a change of scene can make all the difference. I know there are hotels in the UK for those with disabilities that have the specific facilities and carers to help as we looked into them for my Dad. And I am sure they exist elsewhere too. So happy hunting! ...
Hello. I am 41 and my Mum has recently (last week) been diagnosed with dementia. Although we have suspected for some time something was wrong. It is so much to get your head around, isn't it? I spent the weekend looking at the Alzheimer's Society website which has some excellent fact sheets on it. I...
Thank you for kind words. In a way having a diagnosis is helping us move forward. In a remarkable piece of joined up thinking from the NHS a needs assessment with an OT seems to have come out of the diagnosis, with a direct referral from the memory clinic. And that is happening this week. She will c...
Hi John It is hard for others not in this situation to understand isn't it? I have found the forum completely invaluable in letting off steam and getting advice. My situation is that I care for my Mum who has just been diagnosed with dementia and my dad, who has Huntington's Disease, is currently in...
Hi All Just checking in with a bit of a let of steam and update! My story is that Dad has HD and was admitted to hospital in March due to my Mum not being able to cope as his sole carer due to her own confusion and memory problems. Dad has been in a "rehab" unit since March, basically bed blocking a...
Hi Abigail. Welcome to the forum, where I hope you can find some help and support. I know there have been a few young people on here looking after parents lately, so hopefully some of them will make themselves known. My situation is that I am 41 and provide support to my Mum and Dad who are both in ...