[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I not 100% sure I understand what mindfulness is, but definitely could do with trying it as I am awful for having my mind full of thoughts about 101 things, and not concentrating on the moment. I live in a lovely little town and when we first moved here, I used to take joy in just walking out of the...
Sewing, sewing, sewing, followed by..more sewing! I always used to have a "strictly one at a time" rule for sewing, but am ashamed to say that I have a lot of things that either need a binding, a zip or buttonholes to finish them. My main machine for buttonholes has been away for service, but is no...
I really admire people who can sew. I've tried but things just come out looking unusable and when I say I've tried I really mean just mending things. To me reading is like breathing. I couldn't live without it but I can't count it as a hobby. I read loads and I cover most genres apart from historic...
Hello Sorry to hear of your situation. Did you fill the form out when he initially had the stroke 3 years ago or more recently? You should be entitled to a Needs Assessment for your husband and a carers assessment for you from your local authority. Sadly you often have to chase these things. Start b...
Hi Mary Here is the recipe for Yogurt Pot Cake. Preparation 10 minutes - Cooking 30 mins - Oven temp 200-220°c, gas mark 6-7 You will need one, oiled/greased loaf tin 1 natural (unsweetened) yogurt (125g)  (use the pot as a measure) 2 pots of self raising flour 2 pots of sugar 0.5 pot of vegetable o...
I don't care full time and have 2 small children (5&8) who keep me busy. I feel massively grateful in a way that they are a distraction for all of us whilst things are hard at the moment with Mum and Dad. We are trying to create something everyday of the holidays. So yesterday we made a yogurt pot c...
I like this post! I have an 18 month old Labrador, who is a food obsessed nutter. Her main words are food related too! Toast, dinner, sausage, cheese! I am training her at the moment and she is getting better at sit, stay, heal and will learn more or less anything for a cheesy reward. Although it al...
Some excellent advice given already. My sister and I are currently looking for a place for my Dad. Social Services advice was to not make appointments with the homes, just turn up so you get an uncensored view of what it is like. Which we did and it has helped us narrow down out choices.
Hello Please don't feel guilty. My Dad has an inherited neurological illness called Huntington's Disease, which a bit like Parkinson's causes physical and mental symptoms. He is currently in hospital as my Mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and can no longer care for him. If I am visiti...
Just a quick one. I have a mother with dementia and we recently had the assistive technology team visit and they showed us a fancy alarm that can flash up reminders throughout the day. You can add your own messages and photos. So you could have a "go to bed alarm" featuring your voice and photo? I h...