[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, me again I've just been thinking of you as I walked the dog. Please don't answer this if you don't want to, but if it would help to talk please do. My Dad had the test for HD over 10 years ago and it devastated our family. Did you know it was in your family or was it a complete surprise? Do y...
Hey Jean My Dad has HD, (plus Aunt and 2 of my Uncles died from it). My Mum valiantly tried to look after my Dad all by myself for many years until this March when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's herself. If you haven't already I would definitely contact the HD Society. They have regional adviser...
I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, I am in my middle years and married to my soulmate and would be lost without him. My situation is different to yours, I am in my 40s and care for my 2 elderly parents whilst looking after my 2 small children. I was at rock bottom when I found this forum a...
I've just seen your post. What a terrible situation. Do you have anywhere to stay for the weekend? If you need emergency accommodation these are some thoughts off the top of my head. Could you call the Adult Social Services Team at your council and speak to the emergency social worker? I don't know ...
Good for you Ali, you can do this. I am not saying it is easy. My Mum is pretty angry at me about the carers coming in. But I just let this be water off a ducks back now. But the alternative is she gets food poisoning or malnutrition or my sister and I do it all to our own detriment. Dad is furious ...
Well done Sally. As a mum, your first responsibility must be to your children, they deserve a happy childhood, which goes too quickly. It would be so sad if they looked back with sadness on their childhood, regretting things they couldn't do with you as you were "too busy with Granny". Make a real ...
Sally, brilliant, good girl! I know it's hard hard hard to 'turn away' from a mum crying out for you, but I think the attitude you have is the only 'sane' one. You've got the essential point - YOU cannot make your mum happy, but you can make yourself unhappy, your children unhappy, your husband unh...
Bottom line, we are all responsible for our own happiness, and that is that. ...you are not responsible for your mum's happiness, and cannot make her happy anyway. To me this is the ABSOLUTE crux of the matter and was a lightbulb moment for me. I wanted to post again as I have literally just put th...
I don't have much to add other than to urge you to take the advice and support offered here and take that important step back. I have done this and it has been hard, but things are so much better now. Things had been pretty awful with my parents for around 6 years, causing huge amounts of stress and...
Just writing to vent some anger! My situation is that up until March my Mum was caring 24/7 for my Dad with Huntington's Disease. They had both refused all help for years causing much stress and anguish for myself and my sister. We have basically spent the past 6 years lurching from crisis to crisis...