[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It must be tough being so far away. But sounds like you are doing all you can. Just a thought, but if she isn't up to Skyping or being on the phone at the moment, perhaps write to her more? Your post reminded me of when my sister was travelling in Australia and my Grandma was very elderly. She LOVED...
Don't leave! NEVER think your troubles are insignificant compared to other people's. If they have YOU in tears and you can't cope any more, then that is enough. You CAN make things better. I was not and have never been a "full time, full on carer" in the 24 hour a day 7 day a week, getting dressed a...
Thank you, thank you for virtual hugs and support. I was able to sleep well without fretting and today's visit, whilst pretty horrendous, is now done. He tried to bite my sister and one of the care workers. He told us to eff off and was generally violent. Again this is all the illness in a man who w...
It has been a good few weeks since I visited Dad in his new nursing home. He has been upset there this week, so I am going in tomorrow with my sister. And if I am honest I feel utter panic and dread at the prospect of visiting him. I feel light headed and want to weep. Last time I went in 5 members ...
A massive big hug to you as that is a A LOT on your plate. Don't be afraid to chase up social services. And KEEP chasing them up. Daily if you need to. Make a nuisance of yourself if you have to. You don't seem to get anything unless you shout. A year is an unreasonably long time to be waiting. Ask ...
I second the suggestion of seeing if your council have a scheme? My Mum got her through the local council, I think it is around £4 a week. We were self funding, but were able to self refer to the "assistive technology" team. They came out really quickly. They also supplied and fitted a key safe (aga...
Hi Mary. Have you had a look over at the Alzheimer's Society Talking Point Message board? Lots of different people dealing with lots of different types of dementia and other conditions there. Perhaps someone there is in a similar situation to yourself?
How lucky your Mum is to have you. As BB says would your Mum have a look at the forum? Or perhaps you could print off some of the relevant ones? There are plenty of threads on here about people dealing with elderly parents increasing demands on their time. I've been there myself. My Mum isn't diffic...
Thank you for posting that. it really is very appropriate isn't it? I love Shakespeare, his words are still often very relevant. As to the death certificate, Huntington's disease runs in our family and it used to be referred to as St Vitus' Dance on account of the involuntary movements. Then later C...
The rubbish is answer is "it depends"... I think technically you need to score "severe" in several of the criteria. However my Dad has had it awarded because the complexity of his less severe needs add up to make his a "medical need" rather than a "social care" one He was declined CHC initially. How...