[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My Dad has Huntington's disease and is currently in a rehab unit where he ended up in March due to my Mum not being able to cope any more as we think she herself has dementia. His condition means he has a complex mix of psychiatric, behavioural, cognitive, and physical needs. The biggest problem is ...
Oh Emily, it is heart breaking. I can relate to a degree in that my Dad has a progressive neurological illness that he has had perhaps for the past 15 years, diagnosed around 12 years ago. I was a little younger than you when he was diagnosed. I am now 41. I have not been as responsible for his care...
Please don't feel bad about wanting to live your life! Your life is just as important as your Mum's if not more so, given you need to work long and hard to earn a pension these days for your own old age! It has taken me a while to come to this conclusion with my Mum and Dad. My Dad has been unwell f...
Warren, your post really moved me. Please believe your life and happiness is just as important as your Mum's. Please try and claw back some time for yourself to find a social life and a route to happiness. I was thinking about your situation and what if you were less reliant on carers allowance? Wha...
I have struggled with this for the past 5 years. I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old plus a 76 year old Mum with dementia and a 78 year old dad with a progressive neurological illness and v high care needs. I have felt pretty much constantly guilty that I am a rubbish mother, daughter, wife, sister...
Louise, I DON'T manage those stressful moments! I lose my temper (either with my Mum or the kids) and then feel rubbish. I have had my Mum with dementia staying with me for the past 3 weeks, and I am a wreck! You are doing an amazing thing having your Mum full time! I do plan to see the GP to seek s...
I just want to send you a virtual hug! You are doing so well. I am also "sandwiched" with my 5 & 7 year old and my 76 year old Mum and 78 year old dad . It is so, so hard being pulled in two different directions. And I constantly feel like my needs come last on the list behind, kids, parents, cat, d...
Thank you for helpful words and welcome. My sister and I are absolutely determined that Dad cannot come home and needs to be in a nursing home. The rehab unit he is on is in agreement and also agree that his wishes to be at home are not rational. I am hoping this will hold sway with social services....
I wanted to introduced myself as I have taken so much strength and advice by lurking on here for the past few weeks! My Dad has had a progressive neurological condition for the past 15 years or so which causes has a heady mix of physical, mental, cognitive and communication symptoms. He is a very di...