[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am sad that this doesn't include mention of the broken case/social care system. Which amongst carers I know is one of the biggest frustrations - battling the system constantly for help that is never forthcoming. The right to breaks is all well and good, but pointless if carees are not required to ...
Councillor is definitely a good call. Well done to you for persisting. It is such hard work, when I really shouldn't be.
I don't have any advice, but didn't want to read and run. I am sure other's will be along who might have better knowledge of the benefits system. I don't know if you have the sort of job where you could work from home? I find this a massive help with my mental health and juggling caring responsibili...
Dig your heals in and say that he is unable to come home. And that there won't be anyone there to care for him if he does as your Mum is going away for an extended break as she is now unwell herself due to the pressure of caring. Say that if he is sent home he will not be safe and you will be holdin...
Hey Jamie Sounds like you are doing a fine job, but juggling everything is just too much. Something has to give, don't let this be you or the kids. You definitely need some help and a needs assessment is the start of this process. Many of us have been in a bad place through caring, so we totally und...
Please don't call yourself useless. What a fantastic job you are doing advocating for your Nan despite the barriers thrown at you. It is so frustrating that you are not being listened to. Doubly frustrating that you are finding it hard to access help because you are deaf. What a disgrace. As BB says...
PLEASE put your husband and child above parents in all this. Dad may not be speaking to you. Well is that a loss if that is how he treats you? I wish I had stood up to my parents a long time a go. Not bad people, just scared and needy. I put their needs above those of my own and my young family and ...
Just sending you a big hug. My Mum was left caring for my Dad who was a difficult bully and also deemed to have mental capacity. It drives me mad that carers are still suffering like this. As you say it came to a head when he went into hospital and I refused to have him back into my Mum's care. And ...
Make a big list of all of her needs as they stand. Even if they are needs that she just has some of the time. i.e what is like on her worst day, not her best. This can be anything from personal care (washing/dressing etc) to help with shopping, finance, personal admin etc. Also include help with thi...
She is very elderly, so possibly. But also the very elderly can survive on very little. Novo virus totally knocks the vulnerable for six. One of my kids had it and didn't start eating properly again for weeks. So quite possible she could pull through. But equally possible at the age she is that you ...