[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hey Gary We also waited too long and reached crisis point with my Dad. So definitely better to be proactive, even if he isn't quite there yet. We had a sitting service for Dad before he want into a care home, definitely worth looking at. But I always felt sorry for my Mum that she had to go out to h...
Hey - sorry suggestion not helpful. Yes friend's family Hindu. But hold the thought of that older ladies group. Could you contact them and explain your Mum's reluctance? They may be able to have some suggestions to get her there? If a religious group they might be prepared to reach out to her at hom...
Hey So sorry to hear about your problems. It is really tough when family won't accept help. It definitely sounds as though some counselling would help. I met an friend with South Asian heritage for lunch this weekend and I know she would relate to a lot of what you are saying about care being frowne...
My Dad ended up in hospital several times because Mum couldn't cope and no other help was on offer. What a sad waste of resources and not the care he should have been receiving at the end of life.
Hey

Welcome! I care for my Mum with Alzheimer's and until last year my Dad who had complex needs resulting from a neurological illness. I also have 2 small children and like walking our silly dog. I also work part time.
Hi Abby I care for my Mum with Alzheimer's, have 2 small (ish) kids and a part time job. I like walking the dog and reading. Really lovely to meet you, My kids like gaming too (I'm not allowed to play as am rubbish). What do you play? Fortnite is big in our house at the moment. And Mario Kart! Sorry...
Hey I am so sorry you fond yourself in this situation. There should be a social worker at the hospital to help with finding care home place even if you are self funded? Take a big deep breath and feel this will pass. You WILL find a place for her. She WILL be out of this ward. My dad went to a rehab...
Good for you and good for your wife. I am 100% sure she knows you are proud of her, hence the motivation to get up and get on each day. But what a lovely idea to want to mark her progress in some way. How about a photo book? You can put them together online and include meaningful captions and commen...
He really can't come home to you. Be honest with yourself about this. Your children are your number 1 priority, more so given your son's condition. And you really can't keep sleeping in the lounge. You also need to have a good night's sleep. Discharge plan from the rehabilitation unit will have to b...
It sounds as though your husband may be entitled attendance allowance in addition to your carers allowance? Worth a look as might pay for a bit more help? I understand the point about your husband being stubborn and refusing help. Both my parents were the same. But there comes a point often when thi...