[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hey - welcome to the forum. I know it all seems overwhelming now, but you can make things better and we are here to help. You have an awful lot on your plate. There is no shame in not wanting/being able to do it any more. Be proud of all you have done this far, not guilty about what you can't do goi...
Hey - sorry to hear that. But well done for getting help. Now look after yourself.

Have you considered what will happen when she is ready to be released from hospital? Now might be the time to find a nursing home for her if you are struggling?
I've found the only way to keep on top of stuff is to sort/clean one room at a time - that's not so daunting as trying to clean the house in one go :shock: Agreed! I've not had a completely clean house for YEARS! And to be honest I rarely have time to blitz a whole room, it is just bits at a time! ...
Our local council also do a larger items tip collection. I think there is a small fee, but that might be a way to sort the TV, HiFi etc? You just book it online and leave the stuff outside the house for collection.
Mine too. I find it makes my mind quite cluttered when things are really bad! Could you put a little time aside each week to have a little sort and clean? Even if just an hour or so at a time? Maybe write a list to get it all out of your head. And then try and tick one thing off each week? You could...
So sorry to hear about your Gran. I hope you are managing to grieve. You need to be firm. Your husband and daughter deserve you back. You deserve not to do this again. You don't have to do the caring. Get a needs assessment from the local authority for Dad so they get the help they need provided by ...
My Mum and Dad would not recognise the term "carer" for them this is just what a dutiful child does! I think this is pretty common. However, the important thing is that YOU recognise that you are a carer, this is the start for you getting some help and making things better. It took me a long time to...
I think many of us here understand how you feel. My Dad lived far longer with his illness than anyone expected. And by the end it was pretty unbearable at times. I really just wanted it to be over for his sake and ours. Also signing up to care full-on, 24/7 for a few months is entirely different to ...
You may have to be really firm with your Mum about respite etc. I am sad that I wasn't with mine. Maybe just say that you have organised it and this is what is happening? My Mum now has dementia which I think in part was due to disturbed sleep and social isolation. I am not saying this to scare you ...
Chloe - whether you see caring for your Mum as a burden or not, it is a burden if you feel like this. The job you have been doing is an admirable.one. But if you are feeling like this now is the time to seek more help and achieve a better balance for yourself in your life than just caring for Mum. W...