[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for all the kind replies guys. I dunno what I'm even feeling to be honest. I feel guilty for even saying any of these things like I'm in the wrong. Then again this whole opening up things is new to me. This is the first time I've properly done it. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive mum would...
Hi Tracey

Good for you. You've done the right thing even if it feels horrible. Your granddaughter comes first. She is only a child.

Sending you a big hug xx
Well done for posting. That really can't have been easy. You are a young man. You are entitled to a life. To an education. To a job. Your Mum needs to accept outside help to enable you to have these things. This is what a good parent should want for you. Not for you to be giving up your own happines...
Aw, glad you find peace with the M74 - at least sometimes. At one point I had caring responsibility for Mum, Dad and two small children and used to find a few minutes of peace shuttling between commitments a god-send. Radio 2 on loud singing to pop songs was a good release! I also used to keep a sta...
So tough for you all. So frustrating that services are being withdrawn when she is doing well. I think definitely worth challenging this if you haven't already? Explain how the situation will be changing in January and that you disagree with the decision to remove support? What will your wife do in ...
Please don't apologies and please stay in touch. We are an understanding lot and will do all we can to support you.

Take care it sounds as though you have been through the mill.
Hi Simon Firstly well done for getting your wife home. that sounds like another story in itself. You've been "told" you need female company - can I ask by whom? Is that what you want? There is no right or wrong. If it was me the starting point would be that you probably just need company. Time away ...
That sounds like a great result. Really glad that you have found a solution. I hope he settles and can stay there.
How about Michael talking us through his experiences as a carer? Hey Sally, totally agree with your visions. Long time no talk. Hey Stephen - how's you and your Mum? I love how much you care for her. But love alone isn't enough is it? It is a lonely job and horribly frustrating when you can't acces...
Thanks for the clarification Michael - me reading and running and not reading properly - "more haste less spead as my Mum would" say :D I am so happy that it is in there.