[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Really sorry to hear that. With care workers in short supply you might think they would want to keep you and be more understanding? Depending upon why you need time off for your son, you might be considered disabled by association under the Equality Act 2010 - this means you have the same right not ...
Thinking of you. Hope you and Dad OK?
Hello sally. Time to myself! what is that, I have forgotten, have been his carer unpaid of course for over 12 yrs,why unpaid you ask, age related, in the first instance,then because my pension of £77 is £12 over limit, never had any luck trying to get carers allowance crazy but true. so many of us ...
She has to want to help herself. otherwise there is very little you can do. You are a lovely friend for trying to help, but please don't let this harm your own health. Have you tried looking to Al Anon for help - they are specifically a charity for friends and family of alcoholics. https://www.al-an...
Hello and welcome to the forum. That sounds like a tough situation. Are you able to get any time to yourself? It is so important to have support in place so you can have a break away from this situation. Particularly as it must be hard to relax at home with the carers coming in. We're here if you ne...
Welcome to the forum. That sounds really tough. I am glad you have hobbies, it is so important to take time for yourself. I care for my Mum with dementia and have a young family and a part time job. Previously I looked after my Dad too, but he died a year ago. Before I found the forum I felt a bit l...
Sorry to hear that. My Mum is the same. She cared for my Dad for years and now has dementia herself. You HAVE to take a step back. You can't make your Mum happy or well and it isn't your responsibility to try. I've learnt to deflect it when Mum is negative with bland comments that shut the conversat...
My Dad yo-yed in and out of CHC funding for 2 years. Assessment after assessment, appeal after appeal, meeting after meeting. We were often told at meetings that "yes, he will absolutely get funding" - only to be turned down once the decision was reviewed back at head office. It was AWFUL. We were t...
Oh Trisha, so sorry for your loss. Hopefully one of the admins on here could make yours a separate thread, so that it doesn't get lost as I am sure many will want to pass on their condolences? Please be kind to yourself whilst you are grieving. One small step at a time in arranging the funeral etc. ...
Hey good for you for making that call and talking to your line manager. I'm glad they are there for you to talk to. Do you think you can build up to seeing the GP now? You can be utterly lonely surrounded by people - so post title makes total sense! Just wondering if you could also explore getting a...