[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Nikki, I may well take up your suggestion and phone the Advice line. It is good to know that there is help at hand.
Thank you Mrs A (you don't sound average!) I shall follow this link and note the sound practical advice about power of attorney etc. Plenty of constructive steps to take from here. Thanks again Jenny. My husband is a lovely chap and he does understand the back-story only too well. The parent/child/a...
Thank you so much, Jenny. I joined this forum in desperation and see that others have been driven to do the same. Without the wisdom of fellow travellers this journey would make no sense at all. Writing down an account of the situation and reading others' sensible advice is already proving helpful. ...
Thank you for your time and attention, Bowlingbun. I note what you say about counselling and the right to say "no". My father was 92 in November. He is diabetic (poorly controlled because he won't cooperate with his blood testing/insulin regime) with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, for which he has b...
Jenny Lucas you have raised questions that are "spot on". My parents' views differ markedly from each other. Their expectations of me are almost certainly unreasonable and probably driven, as you say, by fear and desperation. My mother treats me as a slave, a child and/or a wilful teenager beset by ...
Unfortunately I am being dragged towards a caring role. My elderly parents have different views on what they want and need. I am caught in the crossfire. My father is terminally ill and my mother is very frail. Neither of them suffers from dementia. They live in their own home but barely cope especi...
I do not want to be a carer. I am hoping to find out how not to be one.