[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Bowlingbun. I needed "permission" for a break and you have just supplied it! I've booked tickets for a concert with friends tomorrow night and may go and see Tolkien at the cinema on Sat. (Not really a fan of LOTR but hey). It's band practice on Sunday afternoon and the rest of the time will ...
Yes,what a result for Liverpool. Ok, so thanks to you people I followed advice and attended MDT meeting today. Mum definitely has ongoing health needs that are best met in a hospital setting. Mum understands this and seems comfortable and well cared-for (although that wasn't the case the other day,t...
Thank you, fellow travellers, one and all. This forum is proving invaluable. I have followed the first parts of this advice already and shall now set about digesting the other advice and links in readiness for tomorrow's Multi-Disciplinary Team meeting- which I finally got myself invited to despite ...
She has declined in every way during this "rehabilitation".
I feel excluded from the process and need more information from everyone involved.

Thanks for the insights shared on here. This forum is the only place where I could turn for first-hand advice. Bless you all.
As ever Bowling Bun, thank you for speedy response. V helpful indeed. Yes, I have POA for health & welfare as well as finance. Mum has enough funds to live at the "Top Dollar" nursing home for at least 6 years! It is very near me. Neglect, hmm, I suppose I have high standards. The staff do their bes...
Thanks for replying, Rosemary, I value your advice and hear what you say. Unfortunately the consultant at the community hospital is off sick. They rely on the local GP. Visiting Mum is a 55 mile round trip, she relies on me for communication- I can understand what she is trying to say because I usua...
I need urgent help. How long have I got to act? What should I do? I've been caring for Mum nearby for 17 years. She has rare neurological degenerative condition and the other day she had a heart attack. I was with her at the time, called 999 etc. She was admitted to HDU and stayed on acute ward for ...
Hello again MrsAverage and Bowling Bun. Struggling on here! Hope all is well with you both as well. I'm pretty sure I did try contacting LA some time ago but that they neither operate nor recommend any personal alarm systems. Is this unusual? Do most LAs provide this service? (our Council Tax is amo...
It's so hard comparing one company's pricing/contracts with another. Does anyone have any recommendations or red flag warnings? I have heard that personal alarms at best can be life-saving but have also heard that they are sometimes poorly monitored, extremely expensive and that contracts are diffic...
Your Dad is so lucky to have you. It's not unreasonable to charge him for the time you spend sorting out avoidable problems. I found juggling elderly parents' needs was so draining and time-consuming I had to give up my successful professional career. It meant my stress levels were easier to manage ...