[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Faye, The Discharge nurse at Community hospital suggested a "falls detector" at the meeting where Mum was deemed ineligible for CHC funding. Mum was discharged to home, alone. 26 hours later she had a fall. I was 200 miles away driving up the motorway so the careline people had to ring paramedics...
Yes I am a clapped-out carer! Ha! One among many.
I'm not taking one more clean nighty to hospital and I'm not doing one more load of hospital-bag laundry either.
I've read all your posts, Chris, and my own experience bears out what you say. It's political short-termism of the most damaging kind, people who care for family-members with long-term health needs go on to develop unnecessary ill-health themselves. Recognising that "compassion fatigue" is 'a thing'...
Yes,good point about safety, that is my main concern She had a wrist-careline and also a "falls detector" and the system worked well. She cannot mobilise without assistance but decided to walk somewhere unaided (for the first time in 2months!) Then fell. She told A&E doctor that she walks about unai...
So, complaint via PALS establishes 1) that discharge from community hospital was unsafe 2) that another CHC checklist will be done (surely leading to full assessment?) 3) care agency on standby (very expensive standby) I have read the CHC bumph but categories under areas of need on the Decision Supp...
Thanks people. Very helpful. Brother holding the fort and it's good to have his support. Shall keep you posted. Fear that Mum's needs will be too great for care agency soon.
Update: so Mum spent 6 or so weeks getting re-ablement input from physic, OT etc. They tried to discharge her early and whenI asked about checklist they said "negative" but later admitted this was incorrect. I requested fast-track assessment. Meeting arranged. Was told she wouldn't meet criteria (I ...
Ha, yes Chris, how's the Gulag?
Malt vinegar? That's the only kind of malt in my cupboard.

I should have emphasised the PERSONALISED aspect of carer mug promotion.
Suggestion for Carer's week: in order to qualify as a 'carer' you need to pamper yourself with your favourite hot drink out of delightful porcelain with an attractive design. Simply pay £25 and send a recent of a photograph (preferably in your best plastic pinny) and receive your very own CARER = MUG.
Hi Lindsay, I see you've just joined the forum so welcome. My Mum is about to go home from rehab in hospital and will go back to have x4 carers per day x7 days per week like yours. Advice given so far is spot-on, without doubt. I've had to complain to agency about certain carers in the past and thin...