[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I meant to say - we have had a verbal and written apology from Scottish Ambulance for the way the initial call handler dealt with our call. The second call was apparently textbook and got the ambulance out to us as soon as he could, but the first call recording shocked even the East of Scotland mana...
Bowlingbun, thank you for that site. Hubby and I are definitely having a "not-visiting-his-family-in-england" holiday this year, but probably not until October or so, as his work is very summer dominated (he's a gardener) but we've also spoken about having a couple of weekends away before then. That...
I'm finished. I've refused to take on the executor role Mum had specified in her will, and have instead handed it to my younger sister. She's a vat officer and not phased by the official stuff, so is perfectly okay with doing it in my stead. Older sister has not taken that so well, as she's executor...
My Mum died on Saturday. She'd been refusing fluids or food, and even an IV intervention wasn't enough to stop an "acute kidney injury". She spent a week in delirium and pain, whimpering, screaming and crying alternately whilst her body was taken over by sepsis, and finally died at 2.40am on Saturda...
Hi there. Social Services locally should have an Adult Protection Unit, which you can ring for advice. I've done this, when my own mother refused to eat (much) for 5 weeks. I'm not exactly sure WHO out of this group will be the adult needing their services - I suspect all three. Your uncle needs pro...
Oh it just gets better and better. Sis in law turned up today for a visit and the ward has five cases of norovirus developed today. Advice was to go home. She decided to risk it as she's immune to it now (been nursing elderly for decades and no longer catches anything!) but we've all been told to st...
There are different rules for temporary, as opposed to permanent, residential care - if you go for a "Rehabilitation" hospital the NHS will pay for that, and there should be a financial assessment before Social Services charge anything. My dad was one of the government's top scientists, so mum had ...
Well, we're finally getting to the bottom of it all. Her spine is, as the doctor described yesterday, "swiss cheese". She has two spinal fractures, one on T12 (old fracture) and a new fracture on T10. The T12 fracture is surrounded by fluid that's compressing her spinal cord and causing spasms, loss...
Things took an interesting turn today. She mentioned that she was losing sensation in her legs this morning, so they took her in for an MRI scan. Not only did Friday's fall cause the broken bone in her back to compress a nerve, but she's now got pneumonia and fluid on her lung. Initial response from...
Thank you Jenny. I have the feeling she'll have to self-fund. My Dad left her well provided for, in a house with no mortgage on it and half his MOD pension, as well as her state pension, so I've absolutely no problem with her paying her own way as she can easily afford it. I'll discuss this home opt...