Thanks Jenny. My wife and I both have our ups and downs, but we have found a rhythm that works for us.. Hi Simon and wife, I only know a little about spina bifida - I fostered an 18 month old little girl with it till she was turned 3 and Social Services wanted her in a children's home, so I could f...
I'm well acquainted with stoma bags that don't want to stay put, our remedy for them was blenderm tape which was given on prescription, not sure if that is still the case, if not I know it can be bought on Ebay. Loose stools can be helped with Immodium, which was also given on prescription. There a...
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?73372-Dementia-and-stoma-care Thanks for that, Sunny, there are people on there in such awful situations, how difficult it is to have a positive outlook. But we all do try, my poor old chap has struggled through the night - we no longer have the same r...
Thank you all for support - dementia really is the worst fete I think. Strange how much time of day seems to change things to - Dad goes through a cycle- early mornings and the getting up and using the toilet phase, plus the evening bedtime phase are the worst. Afternoons - something resembling nor...
Hugs to you, as a paid carer I've had to change stoma bags a few times but for urinary output only so not quite the same challenge. I have, however encountered the odd poop in various formats. All I can say is it gets easier to deal with, never pleasant but you get kind of accustomed to it and good...
A difficult subject BUT My partner cannot deal with changing the bag on his stoma himself. Let's be blunt about this, we are not talking about 'output' as the nurses do, or really 'stoma care' - we are talking about poo, faeces, s**t, whatever you want to call it, coming from an artificial opening ...
:lol: My lovely, daft silly man... well, he always was, even before the dementia... :lol: He sleeps in 'the buff' to use an old fashioned phrase. He is 6'2" and a bit skinny after major surgery. He climbed back into bed this morning after a visit to the loo, but left his SLIPPERS on!! 'Daft Lad' I s...
I feel for you. I am fairly near the start of my dementia journey with my partner,and I know what lies ahead. I cared for my foster son for all of his life - he had cerebral palsy - and when he went for respite, it was lovely to feel normal, but it made me feel guilty.. My partner is going into resp...
my, now deceased, son had cerebral palsy, and during one of his stays in hospital, when he had pneumonia, I had to go home for an overnight 'break' - I had other children, and I was exhausted. returning the following morning another child told me that my 'little boy has not had any breakfast' when ...
"Increasingly, he is going to become like what I call an 'elderly toddler'....he isn't going to care in the slightest about the 'burden' he's being because he will not KNOW he's a burden....any more than a toddler does! He will have no idea how much effort has to go in to looking after him...." The...