Thirty years ago, I, and a very small group of other parents, spent FIVE years campaigning for RESPITE CARE for disabled children in Mid Devon. We succeeded in the end........now.....all these years later, I have just been told there is no chance of me finding regular affordable RESPITE CARE for my...
That's amazing BB - you could write on anything, if you can write so much on lorries - I thought I had misread it at first !! well done you x
Hi ,Mary ,i have to do it ,i will start soon on my own story . Jolly good,David, just a few minutes on my own at the start of the day, and things start to almost write themselves - it's when the day starts and the caring starts and the phone calls, admin and doctors and other stuff gets in the way....
Mary, That was brilliant. Really enjoyed it. Keep it coming. In that case Irene, from Falkirk - a place I love, especially the Wheel, and the Kelpies, here is a bit more........ In the three months that had passed since my unlamented Mother had joined my Father, I had thought of little other than t...
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: yes, a lot of work - that's why I haven't finished my book either !!!
Here is another one to think about...... I fostered an absolutely delightful lad who had cerebral palsy. He lived with us from the age of 4 months. He was bright and happy but could not speak and was wheelchair bound and needed full care. We moved to our present home from elsewhere and brought him ...
You and I are stressed, as carers we live with upheaval, traumatic events, anguish, money worries etc etc etc you know what I mean..... But what really pigs me off are people who are paid to be efficient - paid to take some of our troubles and only end up adding to them. Let me explain.. We have ca...
Hi ,thanks for the best wishes ,hope you do manage to finish it . Think i might do the same ,i have always wanted to write,i have a million ideas floating around my head . For instance i have a title for one called "Before You Can Shoot The Messenger ,You Have To Find Him First " Based on the time ...
Hi ,didn't realise this was fiction . If I ever finish it and if I ever post it on here, and if you are kind enough to read it, you will see it is fiction - involves the past, the intrigues of the internet, a chap called Richard Malabrise who really existed in medieval York and lots of other stuff ...
Henrietta wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:56 pm
Good to see you back Mary- you have been missed. Celebrate the small triumphs.
Thank you my dear. small triumphs are what matters - even if they get smaller and smaller :dry: