I am going to disagree with the other members here. Am in fairly similar position with my mum (who I live with). She is perfectly capable of using toilet and does so but not nearly often enough. :sick: I personally don't feel that incontinence is sufficient reason, on its own, to commit someone to r...
Your dad's views and values never fail make me laugh Paul. Transports me straight back to early 80s when was young boy. It's like an episode of 'Steptoe & Son'. :D
As far I can see and I've just scanned it, this article has no relevance to caring whatsoever and so not be on this forum imo. :-??? Also, if it is going to be allowed to remain on the site by mods I feel it is important to give a trigger warning. As a mental health activist - can confirm that such ...
Help from my 'Carers Support Plan'? Next to nothing tbh. 50p swim or class at local leisure facilities. Which hardly ever utilise. That's it. If feeling generous could say 25% CT discount as evidence of carer but my CA award letter would done same thing I imagine. Basically been pro-activeness of my...
Afraid I'm going weigh in again here. At end of day it's not your or your bf's (not partner or fiancé) home,and so if you are unwilling to properly confront his gran then, really, I think you should put-up or leave. I don't really see why two you have delayed as it's clear situation will not improve...
Anybody would struggle to cope with that load, WKD. Can I offer some advice? I agree that 'walking away' is difficult and relate to your point on expectations from now deceased parents. However, doing less is not the same as 'downing tools'. It is (sort of) working for me. Maybe this 'enforced break...
In very similar position Natalie. I am an only child so no family to help really. Not sure if it helps that others in same boat. You can certainly turn to us though. Sending hugs.

GFR
I have just looked BB and can confirm that, thankfully, I am still a boy. :woohoo: My mum and I agree that we wish a daughter/sister existed tho! :whistle: I think what frustrates me most is that her behaviour would be understandable in very elderly/confused but at 68 with mild cognitive impairment ...
Am afraid solace is not what I'm going to offer. I think you need to take a long hard look at this relationship. You say yourself that you are losing interest and starting to resent you're partner. It also seems (to me) that she is doing little to help herself. Notwithstanding that, which I acknowle...
Hi CJMJ You are obviously a better person than me as situation in house I share with my mum is eerily similar to you. (Open fire issue 'snap' positively spooky! :o ) I don't 'work' with my mum I just hector her about state of bathroom, kitchen, etc. :blush: (While trying keep on top it) I do think t...