Short answer is yes it is usual not to pay for dependant time off in my experience. I was employed with quango and time took off for caring was always unpaid. I had option of using flexi-leave which I did occasionally use. I would suggest reason why you're employee like take you AL for some time you...
Those sensible measures Melly1 had suggested are what are exactly in place and its not working. Best I can do is take a conciliatory approach. I am hoping that transport in morning might still be possible and something can be done about afternoon. I have an idea that may or may not be feasible. A mo...
I personally don't feel one night a week caring is unreasonable from you're wife's sister. It is better than a flat refusal.

Has you're wife spoken to her about it?
Hi ppl Thanks for replies, all appreciated. Have got residential care covered, major efforts been made get my mum into respite including visits to facilities but always balks after visit. One EMI unit is particularly keen to have her (manager fellow practically frothing at mouth on blower to have he...
I think she doesn't believe will come to that, MrsA. She may well be right in that I think she is unlikely to be found as lacking capacity when see her shrink next week. As she is receiving personal care at home (although given her uninhibited behaviour (fronto-temporal dementia)I'm expecting them t...
Sense this is not approach you want but if you live with person you care for you may be able to be 'disregarded' as an individual for CT. If person you care for is classed as having some disability which requires extra room (may be case since you fall foul of dreaded bedroom tax?) then they may fall...
What-ho peeps Following yet another bus 'outburst' :pinch: day centre has excluded my mum from its minibus to get to/from there. I have said that effectively means she won't be able to attend. Her mobility is compromised to the extent that although it's literally only few hundred yards to day centre...
Just a thought peeps. I understand that you can choose not to take one's state's pension (and gain small premium when it is taken) at state pensionable age. IF one did this could one still receive CA? I am thinking of where a small private pension be matured so that with CA and it be just as well po...
Wondering if gran is on higher rate of attendance allowance? Difference between higher and lower would cover her day centre costs. My mum badgered SW on this subject till they cracked :roll: and got income maximisation team to do application for her which has much higher likelihood of success that y...
I recall there used to be an email option (I used it in my previous ESA claim last year) but I believe now have been abolished for ESA (or CA) claimants (at least I couldn't find it) I think you're best option is to contact CAB (or another welfare advocacy unit) and see if they will call for you (wh...