[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Serious post time for me. Tracie, I was in very similar situation last year (although agy pulled out rather me 'sacking' them). Realising was getting nowhere with either usual channels SS (complaint effectively dismissed) or local carers trust and after elected representatives got nowhere (despite b...
I do love the direct way of expressing oneself one finds here...if only whole world like this I'd have no issues with fitting it with 'society' :P
Just escaped for best part of a week, stayed friend in Glasgow thurs night then travel on to n wales fri, lovely weekend retreat at my yoga 'cult' HQ in Snowdonia, even stayed dry until mon! Healthy eating and lots yoga. Back on sleeper overnight and I actually feel have had decent break (even kept ...
Have say am with Maureen on this one. Even if my late dad hadn't been smart enough to give a liferent (having seen way I treated his ageing dog & tumbledown cottage :whistle:) to survivor of his marriage when gave bungalow to me, NO WAY would I have had put my mum out. Know situation is different he...
I agree Jenny. Frankly I find it pretty horrifying that my mum doesn't seem that fussed uses what are effectively nappies as panties now. I find used ones scattered in kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. From when my mum refuses let carers assist her and does it herself. Beyond grim. Glad have had best p...
"You've realised that whatever you do will never be enough, for her sadly distorted personality is a 'bottomless well' of either distorted need or ravening ego or whatever it is that creates narcissistic personalities in the first place. You could pour out your life for her and it would not be 'enou...
Charm, your treatment as a carer has been nothing short of disgraceful. I in now way meant to minimise the implications of what you are going through. I was in similar position myself last year, when care was withdrawn to my mother after less than three weeks, ostensibly due to risk of V&A from me t...
Nuh! My default is 'NO' :whistle:
Hi Catherine My thoughts would be to arrange a meeting with manager of supported accommodation and see what they are saying to it. I'd have thought they have a duty of care to get more involved with your father or alternatively to assist in moving him on to somewhere more suitable. I am going by the...
A thought occurred to me reading this post. You seem have an ally (of sorts!) in your partner's daughter, could you maybe get her to 'have a chat' with her dad?

My frank relationship with both my late father and mother has meant that things could be said that others simply didn't feel able to.