[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm going chip in on static 'van. If it's something that your FIL is going be capable using for while, regularly and frequently, then not necc a bad idea. I say this as it's what I tend do for respite break in spring and autumn. There are number of sites where owners advertise their 'vans for rent -...
Yes carers got her eat one her wiltshire ready meal last night while I did her tea tonight. Some younger carers bit intimidated by her sadly and she able give em run around. pinch:
Hi Charm.

Nope 'refused all offers food' apparently.

Least managed get her fed tonite eh
Read article that 'local' local authority carers who are union members are being balloted on industrial action due to change contracts. Inspired me to take hump :!: after offer of tea initially refused so left note for paid carers to make sure my caree is fed. After all its their job right?! :mad:
Hi I spoke to alzheimer scotland helpline after my mum fouling wc for second consecutive day last week. Seemingly it is a dignity issue and you SHOULD NOT be expected to assist with toileting (or as in my case cleaning up after). Is a colostomy bag or similar an option? I know exactly where you comi...
Don't walk mate. I felt same way last week when my mum did what looked like a 'dirty protest' on the wc seat - sent few emails to people with rooms to rent. Go to citizens advice and speak them bout your situ. Tell them given circumstances, you need be rehoused by your local authority URGENTLY. It m...
Hello my name is G Fraser and I am an 'angry relative' :whistle: :blush:
MaryB, I know what you mean about Carers Assessments. I finally got mine done end of last year. Until yesterday, all it had entitled me to was 'budget' use facilities local authority leisure facilities (mind you at 50p rather than FIVE POUNDS NINETY :o for swim not be sniffed at....) However, I prod...
I can't say what is normal and what isn't Catherine, I don't think anyone can. Everyone's situation is different. I have cut all ties to my ex following her decision that we were finished and would be unable to assist should anything happen to her. I would not recognise her as my next-of-kin now sho...
Hi Claire Just wanted to say I'm with you re. caring for parents. I live with my mum (otherwise be homeless given current marital situation as be damned if I'd rent anywhere privately) so least I can do is make some efforts for her while am here. Spending time with one's parents while they still aro...