Mark, enjoying your posts mate. Its good get bit of different worldview on here! B)

On your point, if its contributory/New Style ESA ESA then don't see how you'd have go on to UC, I think you are thinking of income-based ESA?
I would NEVER accept I am upper middle class (although can fake it for short periods lol)
Whether it's harassment or not, if you can't cope then it's not acceptable. I have been in similar (although not to same extent admittedly - your experience sounds unfortunate to say least! :shock: ) situation this week in that simply can't always be at local NHS trustks beck and call. I am going ge...
Local Carers Trust might have access to funds for respite?
Over zealous moderating certainly doesn't encourage people to post, Chris.

Shades of Orwell's 1984...doublethink the only permissible way...
Hi Jade I'd just like to say that to me, from a practical/financial point of view, moving in with your grandad seems sound plan, especially as he is only using half the house so presumably you and your partner will have run of upstairs? When I got divorced my choice was waste significant part of my ...
Legally there is nothing stopping you leaving your dad alone. (If you were to walk out and not come back that would be social service problem legally, not yours!) You have to consider that you need to have time out from full-time caring. Yes there is risk leaving him alone even for short periods but...
Can only go from my own experience. Mum recently in respite for 11 nights. Due to be more but when saw lack of supervision resulting no-one going see if she ok when got glass water thrown in her face by another resident just took her home there and then. Had been similar incident previous day althou...
Is his cognitive ability more or less intact? If so i'd give him an ultimatum - wear hearing aid or you'll start divorce proceedings. Obviously want keep yourself safe so I'd have a friend or relative around while doing this.
I don't think anyone is being hoodwinked here, Chris. CA definitely not kept up with inflation. But 73.10 is better than 64.60 any (day of the) week!