On my sad journey, I've discovered who my true friends are. Not many! Not once have they asked me for anything. I've offered, and the answer is ,oh no, you have your own troubles. I'm a people pleaser too. True friends wouldn't ask anything of you whilst having such a difficult time. Do they ever o...
Sad fact of modern day life ... especially for lone carers. Whatever assets / resources one has before caring , they tend to disappear pretty sharpish during those caring days. In the absence of trying to better oneself through further education during those years ... the dreaded 21 Hour Rule ... w...
Hi Blossom I'm still in the family home but I'm doing pretty well at not dwelling on the bad memories. I had a moment amongst the trees as I recalled that I should be going into the house to give dad an update on the trees and he wasn't there to tell, but the day to day stuff I'm fine with. I've ha...
it's not strange at all to my mind. Of course we associate strong memories with our childhood houses. And strong memories mean strong emotions. I would give yourself time to 'mull' things - let memories come, and they can be VERY vivid, almost as if they happened only yesterday - and time can 'dila...
Difficult for many given the " Mixed " feelings when looking back at one's caring days. " Home is were the heart is " ... only the face that leers back at you from a mirror can answer that one. One's heart has the attachment but ... where is one's head ? For many , even that choice will end when th...
........ If you have decided to keep the family home that you grew up in do you ever get over the overwhelming sadness that accompanies the "memories"? I'm finding this especially difficult being in the garden this beautiful weekend. I think that this maybe because the "house" has been ongoing for m...
Ha! Thank you again.

I've emailed CBT in my area and sent off an email. I'm not sure that I'll need it though after all this advice.
Some very clever replies. I knew I could rely on you here. Thank you so much. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your support. The person who wanted me to have their dog is still speaking to me. A few weeks ago they told me that I was the only person who would have their dog - he isn't the...
It's not the people I care for it's everyone else. Animal sitting mainly or children sitting. People ring up and say hi what are you doing? or Hi are you in?. Then the next question is can i drop ---------- off? So, then I'm forced to say no and they get all stroppy. The thing is that although I'm i...
Thank you Bowlingbun - Where do i get a counsellor with such skills?