I did a part time Business Studies degree as a mature student. Thank goodness I did. My husband didn't really like me studying, although he'd always known I was planning to do a degree at some stage. (We met when I was 16 about to start A levels). However, as I finished my degree, he was made redun...
Blossom Could you provide a link to the course you have found please? To cut a long story short, I ended up deciding to go visit a long lost relative who is terminally ill. Big Sis used to see this person more than I did and did ask me to go in her stead (she has a history of 'using' me, but in thi...
21 Hour Rule ? https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and-campaigns/campaigns-petitions/21-hour-rule-ca-eligibility-studying-developments-29098?hilit=21%20hour%20rule 5,382 " Reads " as I type ... seems important to more than a couple of readers ? Ha! Interesting how it seems that they just want to ke...
Blossom, it's cheaper for the government to be cruel. I could say that these days there's a lot more 'competition' for housing, but that might sound inflammatory. It's shocking what they do though. The best thing is to be independent from them if that is possible. So, it is worth all those years of...
I live in the house my husband and I bought together in 1976. We restored it from a wreck of a cottage with only a plank and a bucket in an outhouse for a toilet, to a cosy family home, with 2 inside bathrooms and 3 inside toilets! After I found my husband dead in bed here, I went through a period ...
IF you don't mind looking after the dog, now and then, but get nothing in return, there is a simple answer. Don't do it. Because this is precisely the sort of thing that takes away YOUR time so that there is no time left for you to do what YOU want. If you find it easier, you can simply say "I'm so...
Yes, as I say, folk who exploit others' good nature and kindness never want to FEEL that they are exploiting them! Oh no, that would be 'uncomfortable' wouldn't it! So that's why they get angry when the exploited person 'dares' to tell them to get stuffed! Oh, the outrage of it! SO much of the 'con...
Regrettably once we say yes we are hooked. Many years ago I helped to look after my husband's elderly aunt. She had lost her husband and although she had no children there were plenty of nieces and nephews who kept on praising me for "being" there when all they did was the ocassional phone call. . ...
IF you don't mind looking after the dog, now and then, but get nothing in return, there is a simple answer. Don't do it. Because this is precisely the sort of thing that takes away YOUR time so that there is no time left for you to do what YOU want. If you find it easier, you can simply say "I'm so...
I would definitely have some CBT if you can get it - if nothing else it will reinforce what we are saying here (and I know for my own part that I am only passing on advice I had to learn myself!)(I once spent about half an hour on the phone with a 'friend' who really, really REALLY wanted me to do ...