They do at my husband's home. The manager writes it on her whiteboard, and explains to us that we are able to speak in private to them if we wish. My daughter is a teaching assistant, and her school are frantic when OFSTED make the appointment. THe CQC put a poster up and ask for visitors to speak ...
So, what thoughts do you have? Where would you like to go? What would you like to do? I'd say it is an open question because there is a world of difference between I'm actually able/wanting to do now to what my needs/wants are going to be 20+ years down the line and theres no certainty to when that...
I've never understood the warning that CQC OFSTED and such like, give warning that they are arriving. Of course management go into panic mode, even though if everything is in order it shouldn't be necessary. I want to hear that they have just walked in and see 1st hand what situations are. Good bad...
"Promotional advertising campaign needed to attract social care workers driven out by low pay, low morale and Brexit. " Oh, that will really solve the problem, won't it! Spending money on advertising! The PROBLEM you dumb-morons in government is not that no one KNOWS that jobs in care work exist - ...
I am fed up with the focus on elderly care with the government forgetting that there are genuinely disabled people under pension age, children like my son brain damaged at birth thanks to a trainee nurse without proper supervision! There are many genuine cases on the forum of people under pension a...
They've said she is mobilising well but I can't see how she can be when she wasn't prior to the injury! Nothing at all has happened yet. I saw an OT on Weds and we agreed she needs 24 hour care and went over how the house isn't suitable and she wrote it all down. Next thing I know, i get a call on ...
How I " Love " articles like this one ... read on : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/social-care-elderly-disabilities-brexit-government-mps-japan-a8341611.html Social care on its knees and government must act on funding and staff this year, MPs warn. Promotional advertising campaign needed...
So, my life is transformed thank you to you all for inspiring me. I've joined a local carers group. They do all sorts of things - Training, social activities, trips out, therapy. I can't believe they were there all of the time just waiting for me. I feel so much better/positive aleady. I've booked u...
but qualifications are always worth doing. Cannot put enough emphasis on this, investing in yourself is the most sensible form of investment. It is not just about the practical side of obtaining them but the self confidence and sense of achievement when you get there because you are awesome how you...
MrsAverage wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:55 pm
Thanks Blossom, that looks good
There's loads of stuff on there