I didn't even know he was entitled to that. I thought that was for the elderly?
He was discharged on Wednesday night. We got a delivery of toilet frames and a promise an OT referral had been done. Urgh. Not looking forward to chasing all this. I had a carers assessment when we lived in central Manchester early in the year. Now we have moved to Salford I need to get a needs asse...
Well my husband was in hospital and it was them who told us, even with an OT referral, it could take a while to get any kind of substantial grant through to do bathrooms and stuff. We haven't seen the OT yet at home. It was a bit of a mess at the hospital. They said they had done the referral (and t...
Hi! I haven't posted in a while because my husband has been in and out of hospital and we have just moved! So lots to sort out! I just wondered if anyone had been successful in getting a disabled facilities grant of any substantial amount? We have just bought our own home and as it is a house we nee...
I just wanted to make the point that Labour have pledged to reverse a lot of the cuts, look into benefits assessments and Jeremy Corbyn has said that he would bring CA into line with JSA.
I had one recently and the person I saw was really nice and helpful. She is putting my assessment through to panel to see if I can get money towards a sitting service and any classes I want to do for my own health and wellbeing (e.g. exercise classes). I don't know if I'll get it, but the experience...
Hi Sophia and Ashley - welcome to the forum! I sometimes feel I'm the only one out there so good to see some younger carers here. Not that everyone isn't lovely on here anyway! :) How long have you been caring for your brother Ashley? Sounds tough not getting the respite you need? What do you study ...
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the forum! You certainly aren't the only one. I'm 30 and care for my partner who has an autoimmune disease too.

I have Bipolar so get depressive episodes too. My caring can be a trigger.

Do you get any help with caring or childcare?
I found the magic erasers took paint off too! Really small amount but enough to be annoying! I don't know how they will work on lino though. I agree freecycle is a good idea! We are moving in a few months and I've looked on there and seems pretty good for stuff! My only cleaning tip is a way to clea...
I don't care for a sibling, I care for my husband, but I've been doing it since I was 23, so I can understand to a certain extent what you mean about the transition to adulthood. I feel sometimes I missed out on my 20s and want to do more now, but can't . Do you get any support caring for your siste...