So far - touch wood - I haven't got any bugs. Just exhausted from stress and running about and taking my hubby to hospital appointments first thing 3 days in a row this week! You don't get them for weeks/months then they all come at once :) I'm trying to keep myself healthy at the moment to try and ...
Thanks 😊 things hadn't been going to badly until Xmas really. I'm doing much better health wise myself and the council support here for my husband and me has been very good. He does have a male support worker. He's lucky - it's another young guy who he gets on with pretty well. He likes him and like...
Thanks for all your replies everyone! I was just having a bad few days and needed to vent. You guys are great to chat to when that happens! :) We have a friend visiting at the end of January, so might do an Xmas 'do over' then. At least make a posh meal and have a few drinks (well my husband's will ...
My husband and I have recently had the first needs assessment and carers assessment in our new home (we are under a different council). Well, I have to say that they have been nothing but helpful and really supportive - we are very lucky. I have received a carers personal budget and my husband now h...
Hi everyone, Sorry I've been away for ages (again!) - things have not been great. My husband is slowly getting worse with all his conditions and slipping into a depression. I'm really upset tonight as had a really bad couple of weeks. Firstly, Xmas was a nightmare. My husband and I were meant to be ...
Just been concentrating on how I've been feeling recently and realised I've become a bit numb to everything. Is that normal? I am still genuinely affectionate with my husband an love him very much, but when things go wrong health wise for him or he is having a very bad pain day - it's like I go numb...
Thanks for your replies - made me a bit more confident to reapply now. I think we are just worried because of all the horror stories and worry about losing a significant amount of our income. I will wait for the newest clinic letters to come through and then reapply. As you say - if not I am letting...
Hi guys, I'm wondering about my husband's PIP. He currently gets higher rate care and lower rate mobility. In the past couple of months his mobility has severely deteriorated due to a new condition he has been diagnosed with (it is linked to - but ultimately separate from his other conditions). He c...
Hi guys, I wasn't sure where to post this. I basically have no credit rating at the age of 31 as I have never had a credit card (I've only ever had phone contracts and internet contracts!). I was careful not to get one at uni and then only worked a little while before becoming a carer and a part tim...
It was the same with us - they paid DLA to my husband until their PIP decision was made and so continued to pay my carers allowance. Fortunately the PIP decision was what we were hoping to get so my carers continued uninterrupted. It all depends on what they give you following their (pointless and s...