My husband's consultant is going to have a chat with us on Monday about possible discharge. He and his colleagues have been looking into whether it's possible and if it's safe right now. I'm going to voice my concerns etc then.
I'll be very careful about discharge then. His consultant/surgeon is very involved in his care (I get the impression that he feels immensely guilty about what has happened by the things he says, he even gave me his private practice email to get hold of him directly - which of course I have used!) so...
I was wondering what the services would be like over Xmas...even more nervous about it now!
Thanks Chris, that looks useful :)
That is my fear. Even though he seems to have turned a corner, he is still at significant risk of medical emergencies (for example he developed sepsis at one stage of his stay with a temp of 40.5!). We spoke to his consultant yesterday and he seems hopeful, but isn't getting our hopes up too high, s...
Hi, It does seem like the worst is over - but as you say I have 'cautious optimism'. He is far more stable than he was and his bloods etc are trending in the right direction and all that. We spoke to the consultant yesterday and there is a small chance he might be home for Xmas. This all depends if ...
Thanks for your responses - I really appreciate it :) He seems to have turned a bit of a corner the past couple of weeks. Things are looking slightly more positive. I find it hard though - I daren't hope because things always seem to come along to massively set him back again. I'm seeing his consult...
Hi, Thanks for your responses and sorry for my slow reply. It's still a bit chaotic. He has, however, turned a corner in the past couple of weeks and seems to be slowly improving - fingers crossed etc. But I daren't hope too much because something always seems to come along and set him back. And he ...
Hi, thanks for your reply. My friends and family all live down south and I am in the north west. They speak on the phone daily and come up when they can, but it is hard. It's just so scary to be told that. I knew it wasn't good when I was taken into a side room to discuss my husband's case
Hi everyone, Sorry I've been away for a while (yet again!). It has all been a bit crazy. My husband, as some of you know, has been in hospital since the beginning of August with an antibiotic resistant infection following a hip replacement. After a rather frank discussion with his consultant I was t...