Thanks guys :D it's a relief to find a group of people to chat to :D
Thank you so much for the input and advice - I'm new here and it's so nice to have some people online who understand! :D We do have some very long letters that got sent to the GP. I wanted something a little more concise. Maybe the rheumatologist/rheumatology nurse/GP could give something more like ...
Hi,

I am sorry I can't give any practical advice on this, but I wanted to say you should never say sorry for having a good rant - sometimes everyone needs one! Especially us Carers!
I do manage to get out a bit as we live in a city centre, so I can go to a coffee shop for half an hour 2 mins down the road while he has a nap. It's not much but it is something. Just still a bit of a lonely pursuit . I have gone to things to try and meet other people when he is having a 'good day'...
Thabks for your reply :) It is hard to maintain friendships with these kind of responsibilities at my age. When in my twenties everyone else was partying and I was at home caring for my now husband. I love him and wouldn't have it any other way, but it does create distance between me and friends and...
Hi! Thanks for your reply :D I will check out that part of the forum :D we haven't had assessments. Before he went into hospital last year (he was in on and off for 3months or so) I called and had a phone assessment and arranged a home visit for an assessment. He went into hospital again before the ...
Hi, I'm kind of struggling at the moment caring for my husband. This is partly because his disease is incredibly rare - it's something called IgG4 - an immune mediated inflammatory disease. It can affect any organ, but his is an even rarer case as it affects the tissue in and around his joints. Anyw...
Hi everyone I just joined Carers UK hoping to chat to some people in a similar situation to me. I'm 30yo and have been caring for my husband for 7 years. He had cancer 7 years ago which, thankfully, is in remission. It left him disabled and unfortunately he was also diagnosed last year with a rare a...