I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. If I am honest, and don't get me wrong here or take offense, it sounds like you are in an emotionally abusive relationship. From what you have said he doesn't treat you well (cutting you off from friends/family, criticising you, not spending any time with y...
Thanks for the replies and advice. I've spoken to one solicitor so far who thinks there may be a case, but would be very difficult to prove negligence legally in my husband's case. There is a pretty high bar to prove it in law. So not sure if it's the best route to go down. May speak to some other s...
Thanks for your posts. It really makes me feel better to read them. We are getting good aftercare at home. He has been getting rehab at home and the district nurses etc. We don't have any carers coming in, but he does have a support worker for a few hours on a Friday to give me a chance to go out an...
Thank you for your replies. Sorry to hear that it has been a stressful experience, but glad that you found it healing overall. I think we have a very hard case in which to prove negligence. My husband contracted an infection which is incredibly rare to contract during a hip operation and even the se...
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone had sought a medical negligence claim against an NHS hospital? I'm going to speak to some solicitors about how credible our claim may be, but I just wondered if anyone had any personal experiences they wouldn't mind sharing?

Jess x
Hi everyone, I'm sorry to have not posted/replied to posts in so long! As some of you know my husband and I had a very traumatic time last year with him in hospital for nearly 5 months and, to be frank, almost passing away a couple of times. I have been away so long as things have been so intense si...
Thanks for the advice and that link. I had a look through the continuing healthcare checklist and it looks like, from what I can make of it, he might be eligible. There seems to be a difference between NHS continuing care and NHS funded nursing care. Like 2 different pathways or something. I have a ...
I have spoken to the physio and discharge coordinator who have said that they might be able to put something in place where his bed is kept at the hospital for a few days to see if he can manage at home, but could get directly back into hospital if needs be. That sounds like an option to me. They ha...
I can imagine the pressure is immense on the staff to discharge this time of year! They have put things in motion (hospital bed delivered along with an ETAC/re-turn gadget for him to do transfers and a commode; social worker has been round; and funding has been applied for for the IV team to come an...
That is one thought, but my husband would be distraught I think if I was the reason he 'couldn't' come home.

We are having a chat with his consultant on Monday about if discharge is possible/safe. I'll make sure I get my concerns heard!