[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Visit was made. Presents exchanged which made it a wonderful day. Until then, this year I had felt that I was just going thru the motions of xmas. What a wonderful family we have putting so much thought into the presents even for my husband which as I thought it would, went over his head. Cake wa...
<t>Many Thanks for your replies.<br/> Here we are on xmas day having a different one but this year it is different for all our families with 2 of my middle daughters children away in India travelling and my daughter & her husband off on Sunday to New Zealand for two months.<br/> The best part of...
<t>It has been a long slow road to recovery and my husband came home on Friday after everything had been put in place ie. carers, stair lift. He spent one week after hospital at a very good home and his recovery has escalated since Thursday. The assessment of the home by the hospital could have been...
<t>This is me back again who started this discussion. The problem has been solved but not in the ideal way. 3 weeks ago my husband who has dementia & Parkinsons got a water infection and he has been in the warmth of the hospital. It took everything away. Not being able to feed himself, hold a dr...
<t>You seem to have received lots of suggestions but thought I would reply. I don't know where you live but I sometimes go to Planet Organic at Bayswater and there are lots of books out nowadays on these things. Having been a remedial yoga teacher, there were lots of pupils who needed special diets ...
<t>Many Thanks Bowlingbun for your reply. Our eldest daughter is a senior nurse of many years in a health centre and has her finger on the pulse. As well as doing her very demanding job, she is looking at it from every angle and will not want anything we are not happy with. I will tell her about you...
<t>My husband is still in hospital. They say he is physically strong but not mentally. He is making progress, being taken for walks up and down the ward. He can get to standing from the chair now but does not realize he might fall if left. He is beginning to hold a cup for drinks but the added compl...
<t>On Tuesday 20th November my husband who has dementia & Parkinsons went to a day centre and spoke to a man who shared my husbands interest of motorcycling. He had his dinner, with a little help at the end of the day, put his coat on and walked out to the car.<br/> On Wednesday evening 21st Nov...
<t>We all have a difficult time caring but I somehow feel people caring for parents are worse off. I can't explain why.<br/> Yes, there are things out there to take them to but sometimes I feel I am always asking him to get ready for something or other which takes more effort on their part. My husba...
<t>So sorry for your loss. Love & best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time of re-adjustment. I'm sure you have many happy memories of her in times gone past. My mother died when I was 4 and three quarters in early 1940 which was a very difficult time for everyone. I know lots of...