[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hello Webby,<br/> I hate to be a dampener on these things but it seems the more often they have these water infections, I have found each one takes abit more away from them. On 20th November, my husband got one and it took everything away from him ie. how to feed himself, hold a cup, walk. He has...
<t>Hello Webby,<br/> I have the same trouble with my husband and the doctor suggested jelly. My husband has eaten Shredded Wheat with about half a pint of milk, almost all our married life. He doesn't seem to be keen on tea, coffee, drinking choc. now. I have taken to squeezing an orange to have bef...
<t>Hello Webby,<br/> When my husband was first ill, the occupational people gave us a bath lift which goes up level with the top of the bath and then you can lower them into the water. It is like a chair. Apparently you can get ones which will slope you back for more relaxation but ours is not like ...
That is something which I find Scruffy with other things as well. Leave them there ie. a drink or something and he will take it anyway. I suppose it is their way of having some control when alot is gone and has to be decided for them.
The most successful way I have found at the moment is when he is in the bath. He can't escape and is more co-operative.
Many Thanks Lazydaisy. for your excellent reply. Sorry I did not make it clear, I did mean their own teeth.
Has anyone any ideas as to how you clean someones teeth who has dementia. I find this very difficult.
<t>Tonight carers arriving at 8.30 to put my husband to bed when they have been coming at 9 or 9.30. It angered me because they seem to think they can turn up any old time and you have to accept it. It angered me still further when I did not answer the door as I was not expecting anyone at that time...
<t>Reading these replies. Any helpful advice when works & Pensions visit us on Tuesday morning re us contributing to the help we are getting with my husband who has dementia & Parkinsons and who has recovered remarkably well from the water infection in Nov. which took everything away from hi...
Although several requests have been put in for district nurse assessment, nobody has rang or turned up. My husband came out of hospital & care home on the Friday before xmas.