[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Tristesa,<br/> We had a very good admiral nurse who you could send an email to in between visits and was lucky enough to get a church room free once a month where you could go and visit him and have a cup of tea so could be in touch with him in between visits and he was very helpful. I don't k...
<t>Yes Tristesta,<br/> The council have decided to put a new kitchen & bathroom in our house and I missed my husbands input which before would have been forthcoming, he used to think of things I often don't. Fortunately one of my daughters were here to help.<br/> Carers are not made or born. We ...
<t>Hi Tristesa and everyone who replied. I couldn't have put it better myself. I get cross with myself when I am impatient, frustrated & have unkind thoughts about my husband who has dementia & Parkinsons. You tell yourself you know they cannot help it but it doesn't help much. At the moment...
<t>I have just published in our yoga mag. my experience of being a carer. In the previous mag. members wrote about the Parkinsons Disease and ended up with the words 'don't forget the carer'. In my husbands case, the dementia came first then the Parkinsons. I feel I should have added that carers are...
<t>There are alot of people not in our situation ie. relatives & friends who think these homes, especially the dear ones , are wonderful. They think all you have to do to save your own sanity is put them into one. I have only had experience of two for respite care and it is enough to put me off ...
<t>Often I find it is the seemingly small things which throw you over the top, only because things have built up over time.<br/> After our experience with respite homes recently, I am thru with them and looking for short breaks ie. a weekend at a time with someone coming to live in. As my doctor sai...
<t>I was told to try Red Cross and their charges are high. It sounds as though your husband is like mine was when we needed a wheelchair, he could walk a few hundred yards but if you wanted to walk round a town centre, it was not possible. We got assessed but there was a very long waiting list and f...
<t>It is a couple of months now barrowgirl when your mum died. I feel sorry for the people like my husband who has to live with dementia and in my case Parkinsons as well. I feel I would love for him not to have to live with these diseases with no real quality of life. He doesn't tell me when he is ...
<t>Hi Poly.<br/> A difficult situation being mother/law and not having a good relationship with her, I suspect. She would probably take hints from you about cleanliness etc., as more criticism.<br/> Tension in the home is not good for asthma. In view of this can you appeal to her better nature or su...
Hi Webby,
Your Mum hasn't got thrush has she?My husband had it and found eating and drinking painful till the liquid they gave him for it cleared it up.