That could be interesting Dancedintherain lol :) ;)

(Ok, I won't tell anyone and you can adopt me if you wish, i will let you choose what as though ;) ;) :))
Hi my name is Trisha and I'm a 45 year old carer for my husband John. I have been his full time carer for a year now. he suffers from various conditions but mainly spinal spondylosis, osteoarthritis in both knees and shoulders and a rare auto immune disease. he has a lot of chest and lung problems ...
WElcome...and yep Go for It. I did a fair bit of dementia training, (and manual handling) purely to help me initially with my late husband (he had vascular D and probably Alz too). Academically interesting (though obviously emotionally challenging in my circumstances). Promoting dementia awareness ...
I'm surprised an agency is sending someone out to work without first obtaining DBS. Surely this is illegal from a safeguarding point of view? They cover their backs by assigning them to a run with a regular carer who is both dbs checked and been doing the job over a year who knows most of the clien...
Please someone help me, my 20 year old daughter has just started her caring career, is there a legal amount of shadowing hours she has to do before going out on her own? she has done about 10hours shadowing, and this past weekend, she was out alone, meeting people she had never met, getting into tr...
On a different train of thought, would you advise going for extra health and social care training ? I can operate a hoist, sling and so on currently though not had formal training. Do you think that it would be beneficial to do a moving and handling course or dementia care for future prospects. I k...
Hello Anne, I'm not sure if this will be helpful or completely relevant to your current situation but I went through a similar stage with my aunt. We could clearly see that something was wrong and wanted to help her. She refused to allow us to call the doctors or ring anyone. She was adamant that sh...
Thank you both for all the wonderful advice. I will have a talk with both my grandmother and aunt over the next few days to make them aware of me seeking extra help/support from external sources. Mostly because they don't like to suddenly find out new people are suddenly going to start coming to ask...
Hi all, Sorry for jumping on your post Lauren. My dad has also been diagnosed with stage 5 CKD too. He has just had an appointment with the renal unit and because of other medical problems ( heart disease) dialysis is not an option. The doctor has recommended conservative management ??? If anyone o...
Hello Lauren_1605, I sorry to hear that your partner has been diagnosed with C.K.D stage 4. I'm guessing by now you are going through the thick of it, repeated hospital visits and getting loads of information handed to you. I currently dialyze my aunt who has C.K.D stage 5 at home and can offer a fr...