I'am glad to hear he's still doing well Elyse, my aunt was the same way, she always said she felt the same as she always did when she was diagnosed with CKD. She also has to go for a review on the 7th of december for us, I have to travel with her as i dialyze her now. So they need to make sure i'm d...
That has just put a huge smile on my face, thanks Jenny :) (I now have a mental image of the repeated attempts of him reaching for it then looking all innocent as your friend tries to plead with him not to just pull it out. ) All joking aside, It must get frustrating though for your friend who must ...
I don't know if this is reassuring, but my friend's father has had CKD stage 4 for years! he has a catheter, but does not need dialysis. He's been stable for several years now. (Sadly, he has dementia alas.) Hi Jenny, What you said is spot on, It's very possible to stay at CKD stage 4 and not need ...
Hi Shaun I have only just seen your reply . My dad's latest blood results came back with a slight improvement. He has gone up a stage . I didn't know that could happen? At the moment he is really struggling to walk ( he uses a Zimmer frame ) he says his legs just won't support him . Is this a sympt...
Hello Holly, Welcome to the forum, I only recently joined the forum too and have found it a very welcoming place and great place to meet others who have been through similar situations. I'm 36 and have been a long time carer to my aunt and recently my grandmother too, I personally don't very much ti...
Hello Cathrin, I am sorry to hear you're having such a hard time of it recently, it's not easy trying to do everything alone and deal with abuse at the same time. After reading what the others have said, I agree with them, you deserve to be treated with respect and not expected to become his own per...
Hi bowlingbun, I get what you're saying and agree with you, we shouldn't feel limited to just doing the same thing for the rest of our lives if we wish to pursue our own personal goals. Being a carer doesn't mean that is all you can do or be for the rest of your life, I will personally admit that so...
Thankyou chaps, it really helps to have a male perspective. It really resonates with me what you both said. I realise we both have much more talking to !! Luckily he seems a lot better today, only time will tell. It's complicated by the fact that he admits that he's depressed so I struggle to know ...
Yay! I got adopted lol :D

Good night auntie Dancedintherain :lol:
Hi Shaun You sound like a dedicated, naturally caring person. One thing I wondered is whether you would like to do a First Aid Course and gain your certificate? Another string to your bow. I don't know how old you are but what about the ambulance service as a future career? Now that's caring at the...