<t>[quote]Why exactly - do you believe in the Divine Right of the aristocracy? [quote]<br/> <br/> I dont believe in the divine right of the aristocracy but i am a historian and do know that it was the aristocracy and the upper crust of society that moved this country on to having a great empire alth...
It seems incredible, but Winston Churchill was so broke his friends had to bale him out and buy his house for him. He used to do a lot of the work himself, and even joined the Bricklayers Union and proudly carried their card in his wallet. I disagree with the strength of antipathy towards politicia...
Politicians are no better - or worse - than the rest of us... but at least they have the guts to stand up and fight for what they believe... and then put it to the open vote. In this country politicians are in it most of them for what they can screw out of the system They are just career politician...
<t>I have read all of the posts on Burma and whilst i feel the utmost sympathy with all of the people in that country and also the people suffering very Much under Robert Mugabe i have to say that poverty is very relative to the society into which you are living.<br/> Many people cannot grow food in...
<t>Gordon Brown is one of the worst chancellors we have ever had.<br/> He has driven this country into the ground. He inherited a very healthy economy from the conservatives what ever your views on Maggie Thatcher, as when Labour took over running the country the fact they changed nothing substantia...
<t>We have lived under 3 social service areas and got through a lot of social workers having moved three times to get our daughter decent provision. I can honestly say that in all that time i have only found one or two that had our daughters best interest at heart. Their whole agenda is budget led ....
So what are those parents going to do when the child becomes an adult and the breaks stop ? I do find it quite distressing that young adults with a disability become invisible once they reach 19. There are very few facilities for our young people like my daughter who is now 23 no clubs or almost no...
Well done http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif Thats £50.55 more than i get when i reached sixty last year after carering for 23 years and still many ahead i hope caring for our daughter i lost the right to a carer allowance due to the governments pensions overlapping rule. http://www.care...
<t>The Carer allowance .<br/> <br/> <br/> I think it is very important that a carers allowance of any kind should NOT BE A BENEFIT.<br/> <br/> A benefit for who certainly not the carer the state may be.<br/> It should be paid as a wage /Allowance. and not taxable<br/> child allowance has never been ...
What about people like me that are 60 and over and cant get carer allowance as such just the underlying entitlement ? are they in your figures Image