[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Go back to the police until they make some sort of effort to help. My daughter had a lot of problems like this, culminating in vandalism and a break in. The police set up a hidden camera in a window,; it was useless but she felt something was being done
I'll give money to charity again instead of cards. After all the moaning last year when the grandchildren didn't like Christmas lunch, (just one day without chips), we're having it on our own on Christmas Eve, and they can have what they want on Christmas Day,if it's cold turkey . Who knows, I may e...
Thanks for the comments. I've read up about it, but have realised that what the websites say and reality in the NHS can be different. I am going with her initially, but expect she will want the discussion to be confidential , as I know I can join in when I should keep silent. But , when I've sat in ...
We've finally got an appointment next week for CBT.
The last time my wife was offered counselling , she had panic attacks about everything.
I know roughly what to expect, having had some counselling a long time ago, so does anyone have any practical advice on how the first sessions go?
Susie. Thanks , it's just the sheer frustration where everything becomes a problem to her. And the fear that at some stage depression will merge with dementia ( looking at the worst view) , and I'll still just have to carry on. Just suggesting she gets more help provokes panic and a refusal to coope...
May not be the right forum, but I feel like having a moan! The background is that my wife is depressed , and has been on and off for years , and tried all treatments. At her insistence we're having decorators in , rather than me doing it. It's become frustrating as it's not going to be finished on t...
The support group may have a different name in your area. His psychiatrist should be able to give you more details , or be part of the team.
I'm supporting my wife in similar circumstances. Make sure you get a referral to you local NHS Crisis Support Team . This may seem obvious but I didn't know they existed for many years. You need your GP to refer you do they have access to health records. Use them when you need help. Make sure you ha...
Thank you for the comments. It will be difficult to get away to any groups. I don't think I want support as such , as trying to get her to see how her behaviour looks from the outside. We're waiting for an appointment for counselling, which she will resist. The advice I've gathered from various webs...
It seems to be a common topic , but I'm reaching the end of my tether. It doesn't matter what I do , my wife just looks for things to complain about and get bad tempered . Nothing anyone does for her is right, nobody cares, everyone is against her. She objects to anyone enjoying themselves, refuses ...