[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Good day, Pauleen. So your mum has made a will in what she sees as an equitable arrangement. Siblings can, and often do, share a jointly owned house perfectly happily. Things can get tricky if, for instance, one sibling later wants to move out while the other wants to stay put. The problem is that i...
Agreed - I don't think your mam actually intends to strait-jacket you, but that is the situation perceived by outsiders and what seems to be happening. You say yourself your life is constrained. Probably her behaviour arises from fear of a new situation. You could address this, if you were to get a ...
Hello again, George. I'd like to add something to the excellent advice you have had recently from Changlyn and Sally. This is regarding your desire to find a partner and perhaps ultimately become a family man. You seem to think that your weight may make you less attractive. By all means try to slim,...
Hello, Phoebe. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. It is sad enough to have a loved one with limited time left, and having to wrestle with decisions does not make things easier. Please don't have bad feelings about the hospital. The prime function of a hospital is to cure illness, and of co...
Hello again, George. Back from holiday I have been seeing how you have been getting on. Twice this week my mam mentioned she'd talked to Jean Straughan (an 80-something woman in my village which she knows). She'd had a son (a year younger than my mam) who qualified to go to the University of Cambrid...
Thanks for your reply James. It sounds as though you are either detached from the National Grid or have only a weak link to it. British Gas is much cheaper than the others so it sounds as though British Gas actually supplies the energy to your area. For other companies it is either expensive so they...
James - I should be interested to know where you live. On some island detached from the National Grid perhaps? You are a very exceptional case if indeed you are so restricted in energy companies. In mainland Britain the energy providers feed a national grid to which consumers are connected. The so-c...
Consider having groceries delivered, to ease the present strain and prepare for the time when you will be less on-hand. You are perfectly justified in wanting your own life and building your own family. Best wishes! If I didn't have to actually live with my mother, taking her once a week to pick up...
You talk about "not winning permission to move out". As a grown adult YOU DO NOT NEED ANYONE'S PERMISSION to move out. To me it seems like my mam is a person who has very little left to lose: her only concern seems to be ensuring that my sister has a carer (me) when she's gone, and if that last hop...
. . . changing supplier also helps or going DD . i know i changed suppliers from SSE to duel fuel British gas and instantly saved £30 a week but i cant change supplier now even if i wanted , because there are no other energy companies in the area Hello, James, I don't quite understand your closing ...