[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks, Honey Badger, for your carefully considered comments. I respect your opinion too and certainly do not disagree with any of the points you make. Just as Vera Lynn lifted spirits during wartime (and we are probably going to hear a lot about that today - VE Day anniversary) if we carers can ado...
Luke - I feel very, very sorry for you in this predicament. Even sorrier that there is little I can do to help in practical terms. Your nan is 89, has a knee that can't be repaired, is deaf and sounds as though she is suffering from dementia. She needs to be in a care home, that's that. You have you...
. . . having to put up the medication for the person I care for as the pharmacy will no longer put it into daily blister packs as they did pre Covid, having to deal with the paranoia of the person I care for thinking he’s going to catch the virus from anything he touches from outside of the home . ...
Hello Michael. There is nothing wrong with getting things off your chest; you may feel better for it. As for self pity, there are many of us with similar problems. If we share our problems we can help one another so it was a good move for you to write this post. Can you say a little more about your ...
Social distancing is an inexact science, and I don't envisage it being anything else. You may manage to keep two metres away from someone else most of the time. If you need to pass someone, thereby being less than 2 m apart for a second or so, it probably does not matter much. What I think is being ...
Exactly so, Cloudygal. I have no wish to censor anyone. Readers of this site will judge for themselves whether or not contributions are helpful to carers. If something is unacceptable and needs to be censored, that is for the moderators to decide.
Nice to hear from you again, Undermyduvet. I know you have been through a bad time, and now that your circumstances have changed you need to face this lockdown like everyone else. It is good that you are experiencing some positive aspects. Yes, it is great to know that there is a lot of goodwill to ...
Thank you Cloudygal, for clarifying this conversation. And of course also those with the Covid-19 symptoms should also stay at home.
Hello Heather. My disabled wife is fed up with being cooped up in the house and I plan to take her for a drive. It will be to somewhere where there are no people nearby. If other people arrive we'll move on. We'll stay in the car. She cannot really take significant physical exercise but we would arg...
This Forum is a centre and consensus of mutual self-help and advice. At least I think that is what it is supposed to be. Certainly that is the way that it works most of the time. This particular conversation is different. Much despondency and negative feeling and blame of the Government. I am trying...