[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
. . . P.S. As a lawyer I generally find Union Reps to be fairly useless, sadly. I respect Mal's experience and professionalism, but I take this as a personal view. Twice in my career I had the misfortune to be in employment that was fine for a good while but ended with me being "eased out" and with...
We all find a refusal difficult to deliver to ones we love and care for. To help to maintain the right balance we can imagine a reversal of rôles. What would be reasonable if the boot were on the other foot? Alternatively, think back to your childhood. Did you always get what you wanted to have or d...
I didn't say "young"; I said "inexperienced". I chose the word carefully. Not everyone learns to drive at age 17. I don't disagree with Jenny's general idea that drivers should be insured according to their proven driving record. But this topic, apart from starting to digress from caring and older d...
Statistics show that there are far higher accident rates among inexperienced drivers than among the elderly, and this is indicated in motor insurance premium rates. At present we are struggling to provide driving tests to be passed once. There are long waiting lists. If we could somehow provide many...
Hello again, Caroline. I presume you have visited Mum now. How did you get on? I felt the need to reply promptly to your post. Now I realise that, though you posted in the Newbies section, you have posted previously. Also you had a long dialogue with Jenny Lucas, who gave some firm advice. I now hav...
It is not clear, Caroline, who, apart from Mum, is living with you. You say, "They go out to work . . ." suggesting that at least two other people live there, and do not assist with the housework as much as you would like. Where is your brother these days? It may be four years since he has seen Mum ...
I must say that I can see your employer's point-of-view. Please realise that if you were to have your phone switched on whilst at work, you could receive calls from many people throughout the day. An emergency call from your dad could be a very exceptional occasion. In a job that requires constant c...
Thanks for this well-researched warning, Chris. When one reaches 60 one gets free NHS prescriptions, and it is easy to be led to believe that all NHS services are free, which is not the case save in special circumstances.
. . . Another point which is annoys me is when we get stared at for parking in a blue badge parking area the reason being we own a "white van" if only people checked to see if we had a badge before they gave us the dirty looks. I now wave it around before I put it on display but I am sure people do...
As the first post illustrates, the Blue Badge applies to the named person only. It is illegal to use a Blue Badge belonging to someone else, living or dead.

It is also illegal for the Badge holder to remain in a car parked in a disabled space, while someone else leaves the car temporarily.