[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you, Bowlingbun, for your suggestions. I have checked these. The Calvert Trust operates throughout Britain, not just Exmoor. It runs activity centres for the disabled. Sykes Holidays seems to be mainly self-catering holiday cottages. I'm not sure these options would have been an alternative to...
Stephen, if you really want to leave this Forum, then that is your decision. You are the best judge of your personal life, your time, your responsibilities as a carer. But we'll be sorry to see you go. I was entertained to read your recent post (though I did not respond to it at the time) about an o...
Hello, Lynda. I don't know of any specific rules or guidelines. Perhaps others do and may advise on this forum. What I can do is try to see the care home's point of view. A care home is not like a hotel, where bookings are based on firm dates scheduled for leisure or business affairs, often known we...
Thanks for your thoughts, Ayjay. It does seem, as you have found, that a Boolean search is little better than a simple one. The way search engines work is by trying to find the best match using all the component words. When that search is exhausted, they bring up results with one component word miss...
Good day, Undermyduvet. I have read through the posts and make the general observation that you are getting nowhere with your requests from help from various authorities. Do you know what CQC ratings this home got on the last inspection? It sounds to me as though it is deficient on at least the safe...
Isn't booking a hotel a dream nowadays! You just go online to one of the hotel agency websites, enter the place where you want to stay and enter your proposed arrival and leaving dates. You then get a list of hotels in that area with vacancies on your intended dates, and lists of available rooms wit...
Good day, Simon. Bowlingbun is spot on with both her posts. May I add a few words? You mention seasonal affective disorder. Yes this is the time of year when it can start to affect people - failing daylight, etc. On top of that, you have the mental turmoil of what you think you dutifully should do a...
Hello Keira. I am sorry to hear about these dreadful happenings. So Uncle was in the Army, eh? That says a lot about him. For many years he was in a situation where strict control of manpower is vital, where rank and authority are clearly defined, where what is said goes, where combat training devel...
Ear thermometers are great! An almost instant reading! Forget the days when you had to wait a minute, then wait a further minute to see if there had been any further change to reading. Cost a bit more but well worth it for the convenience.

Chris's link is a good one for the precautions.
The more I think about things the more complicated they seem. On the will front, if there is no will i would get a 6th share of the estate which would probably be enough for a deposit on a little house. However, my brothers, who are both addicts would get the same amount and probably spend their mo...