[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It is not clear, Caroline, who, apart from Mum, is living with you. You say, "They go out to work . . ." suggesting that at least two other people live there, and do not assist with the housework as much as you would like. Where is your brother these days? It may be four years since he has seen Mum ...
I must say that I can see your employer's point-of-view. Please realise that if you were to have your phone switched on whilst at work, you could receive calls from many people throughout the day. An emergency call from your dad could be a very exceptional occasion. In a job that requires constant c...
Thanks for this well-researched warning, Chris. When one reaches 60 one gets free NHS prescriptions, and it is easy to be led to believe that all NHS services are free, which is not the case save in special circumstances.
. . . Another point which is annoys me is when we get stared at for parking in a blue badge parking area the reason being we own a "white van" if only people checked to see if we had a badge before they gave us the dirty looks. I now wave it around before I put it on display but I am sure people do...
As the first post illustrates, the Blue Badge applies to the named person only. It is illegal to use a Blue Badge belonging to someone else, living or dead.

It is also illegal for the Badge holder to remain in a car parked in a disabled space, while someone else leaves the car temporarily.
By doing this you will enjoy more light but will still save a lot of electricity and replace your lamps very, very infrequently. Of course, if one uses electricity to heat a room in the winter then the filament type lamp will add to the heat and so the room thermostat will cut out that tiny bit soo...
Susie, thank you. My next problem is trying to work what the HELL is the equivalent to a 60 W bulb!!! It's SO confusing now (I blame the French - it's their revenge for Waterloo, forcing us to use their stupid metric units blah blah) it's usually written on the carton :) generally - 42w low energy ...
One problem I increasingly face is replacing light bulbs up at high level. As one gets on, climbing up step ladders with no one to steady them becomes risky. I prefer using the old type filament light bulbs. So on some of my house high level lamps I have fitted an extension using a lamp plug, about...
Thank you all for your replies. Since my first posting I have found a front zip fastening bra in the J D Williams/Marisota catalogue. It is very easy to put on unaided. It does not have the reinforcements that a regular bra has, so gives less "support", but is a useful alternative to regular bras fo...
I have had a good look at the Forum before I presented my first submission. I can see that many have problems far worse than ours. Nevertheless I'll say a bit about ourselves and see if there are any ideas. My wife has poor mobility, following operations on her knees that were less successful than w...