[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
. . . Are they also doing similar for discharge to home setting?? This is not good news or advice, but something we need to know so no apologies necessary, Rosemary. In answer to your question - yes, there is a case elsewhere on this Forum of this happening, a failed discharge. The patient was retu...
. . . Keep saying, over and over again, that she now needs a FULL NHS CONTINUING HEALTHCARE ASSESSMENT. Please believe me, this is what you need to do. Just say it over and over and over again. . . . [my emboldening] Yes, this is one of the techniques described in the book I recommended - broken re...
We don't like to say "no", do we! It feels like we are letting someone down. And yet common sense dictates that sometimes we must. It is easy to dwell on what we may consider our moral or social responsibilities - loving our neighbours, putting others first, caring for the less-well-off. These are f...
. . . Even if you are not normally pushy or rude, you may well have to be very pushy, and very, very assertive to sort this out, but your life and your future are at stake. A book I would recommend, and I think could help you, is "When I say 'no' I feel guilty", by Manuel J Smith, published by Bant...
Strange . . . There were two conversations with exactly the same title, but now they seem to have coalesced. I hope readers do not find the interspersing of the posts too confusing.
Sorry, Daffy, but I agree with Bowlingbun. Procrastination is the thief of time. We don't know how long lockdown will last and it won't come to a sudden end, just a gradual relaxation of measures. Flyingduck needs to set things in motion now. It will take time to get her dad out so let's not add to ...
Jane Carers UK wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:47 am
. . .
I would suggest giving our helpline a ring on 0808 808 7777, it's open on weekdays 9-6. They'll be able to talk you through your options and entitlements and give you some idea of what you can expect. . . .
Luke - what transpired when you phoned? Would you like to summarise it for us?
. . . Denis, what I mean with regards to the medication is that prior to Covid we had an arrangement with the pharmacist whereby the medication was sorted and delivered in weekly blister packs with all the medication needed for morning, afternoon and night in it’s own blister for each individual da...
Hello again, Luke. I am sorry you have had so much trauma over the last few days, but at least Nan is back where she will be better cared for. It also goes in your favour that the hospital has been seen to be in error in discharging, rather than you refusing to accept the discharge against its advic...
Hello Heather. My disabled wife is fed up with being cooped up in the house and I plan to take her for a drive. It will be to somewhere where there are no people nearby. If other people arrive we'll move on. We'll stay in the car. She cannot really take significant physical exercise but we would ar...