[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I too find that the DLA for both our son and my husband are eaten up in costs. We have to have a car, so that is my husbands mobility component,my son's mobility pays for petrol. We have thought of buying a car instead,so that my younger two children can help with the driving and take pressure of me...
I have just read Smilers link, and am not surprised. I was told by Social Services,when I made a complaint to them, that my son was aggressive and swore a lot. Now, we do not swear at home, and his ILF support workers do not swear,in fact, Ben hates swearing, and the only people who have ever told m...
I have written again, but not so patient this time. I have a different reply.They have asked me to be patient as they have thousandds of replies every day! Image
I hope I haven't offended anyone by being critical of FosterCarers. I know that most of them do a good job, and I believe it is the system not the people that seem to be unfair at times. I met many wonderful foster carers when we were involved with Barnados;many of them doing voluntary work with dis...
I have just wsritten again to the Daily Mail, pointing out that there should be at least two replies on their board, and perhaps they should have a look at the Carers UK site if they are wondering how Carers really feel.Perhaps we shall have some luck this time Marie? I shan't hoild my breath though...
Like Parsifal, I doubt that Social Services would notice, if we did swap. I assume foster carers are on the whole like all others in Society, some good, some playing the system. When the Government reviews Incapacity Benefit,would they also consider looking at foster families, and how long they have...
<t>I agree with Parsifal. I would also like to point out that foster carers do not have to drive their foster children anywhere(at least not in Pembrokeshire), the volunteer drivers that do this are paid for their time,some of them earning enough through voluntary work to have a foreign holiday each...
I have posted a reply to the Daily Mail,but they obviously don't think much of it, as theyare still saying there are no replies. No way of getting them to listen unless we kill ourselves in despair, and then they can say "Oh poor thing, the stress that she was under was terrible". I feel really sad ...
Good luck, and I will cross my fingers that they take an interest.I have written an answer to the Daily Mail story about the strategy, they want mopre replies to this story. The link is on this forum.
<t>I live in West Wales, and would have a long journey to London, but am getting so far behind with everything in my life, and living in hell with trying to make financial ends meet, that if a march was planned to Australia I would come!<br/> <br/> I care for three people, my husband and two sons. I...