[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree, Carers should be able to access PC's. I do know of one person who was able to get one through the Carers Assessment team and a grant, stating that she needed it as she cannot get out of the house often. I have never heard of another Carer getting one this way, but it helps me so much, even ...
Lazydaisy Image
Thanks Parsifal. I did not even know whether I should put that on.but really we should not have to think about having to go to such lengths to get ourselves recognised. My daughter is 18,and is a brilliant second-in-command Carer, as there are three people with disabilities in our family. Until now,...
Actually, my son, who has Downs Syndrome, had to pay transport costs from the time he started at the centre, four years ago,although I can't remember how muich it was. They couldn't manage his Diabetes, and he now attends a private day centre, (paid for by Social Services),and is treated much better...
I think Marie's idea of a protest in cities is a good one, as it would then be able to include Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Carers UK is fine, but the Government make one rule in England, and the Welsh Assembly don't bother commenting,as far as I can see. All taxpayers are paying for MP's i...
To Dorothy G. I believe that if you are using a car with free tax, that you can still drive it without your cared for, as long as you are doing something on behalf of the cared for. YOu might want to check up on that, but it is what I have been told by DVLA and DSS. http://www.carersuk.org/images/ic...
I find it very inspiring to read quotes. One that is constantly in my mind now, and so true is "We don't see the world how it is;we see the world how we are". So many times that one has helped me to be a bit more patient with someone in case they are having a bad day. A good one for Carers-"if fate ...
Please can anyone help?I have a 20 year old son, insulin dependent diabetic since he was a baby, clinical depression for the last three or four years.He has been rushed into hospital several times very ill. He has recently been sacked from his summer job for stealing,and has now been turned down for...
THanks for all these links. I have read them, and have written to several of them.Don't know whether it will do any good, but cross my fingers Image
Parsifal says that she would consider an SOS talisman for emergency use. Don't bother wasting your money, honestly. My younger son was rushed into hospital a couple of years ago, 150 miles away from home, when he had no family with him. The Health Trust did NOT touch the Medicalert bracelet he was w...