[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
When my father had mobility problems, I contacted Age Concern. They were really supportive to me. My Dad still didn't want any help, but they were able to guide me in local services.I think you will be able to access most things through your surgery. My father had to be assessed by a GP and physioth...
My 18 year old daughter has just started fulltime work.She is also the person who brings the outside world to us, and probably also does more than 35 hours a week of caring, by helping me with the disabled family members. Next year, she is willing to take unpaid leave to look after her older brother...
Nobody can ever tell you what is right for your family. I feel so guilty, as my younger son, now 20, has been suffering from Clinical depression for the last three years, as well as having diabetes since he was a baby. He has lived in his older borthers shadow always. My elder son is 22 and has Down...
Perhaps the Government could address Drs attitudes, prior to anything else. OUr beautiful new surgery had aGP in it signing prescriiptions one morning, about four months ago. A lady was carried in,from across the road, where she had suffered a heart attack. The Dr refused to see her, and said that t...
I find the issue of nursing really interesting. I have taken on caring duties, including nursing ones, that I haven't batted an eyelid about. It hadn't occurred to me, as I used to be a nurse. When my eight month old baby became insulin dependent diabetic, everyone thought we could cope. Imagine inj...
A Social Worker told me at a meeting that staff at my son's day centre did not like to speak to me, as I make too many official complaints. I have made three, two of which have been adult protection issues, where staff failed to protect my son. The third has just been very successfully taken to a st...
<t>I have been both a "working" Carer, and a "Stay-at-home" Carer. When my children were young, my late mother was happy to step in, if my husband was too ill to manage. I was also fortunate to be a nurse, working just nights.My mother died and I tried carrying on working, but it is not always the p...
It seems as though my son will not be able to be involved in any decision making!I have changed the appointment, to a time when he will be home, but when I asked for a reason that they would want to change his staff, and that he isn't comfortable with the idea, I was told that it doesn't matter, the...
Parsifal, Thank you. I find it so annoying that Social Services always make appointments with me,and not my son. He is perfectly capable of reading a calender, and we have brought him up to learn to be as independent as possible.I just wondered if I was being oversensitive about it. My son always se...
I have a 22 year old son with Downs Syndrome and Diabetes. The Diabetes causes more of a problem than the Downs. He is unable to attend the Social Services Day Centre after issues with his Diabetes last year, which I put in an official complaint about.WE have reached a very successful stage 3 compla...