[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Jenny, Sorry, I must have missed your post last night! I think the dementia has made her very selfish - she only seems capable of thinking about herself which is sad. Prior to the brain haemorhage she was a good mother in many ways ( never cruel, worked hard, I never went without anything ) bu...
Thank you all. Nice to be back :) It's all so complicated isn't it - and having just come out of hospital it's the last thing I need. But these things won't go away. Not sure if there are different rules in Wales but I will look at CRAG - thank you. Hello Bowlingbun - yes I had hysterectomy and deve...
Hi all, I have posted in the past - my mother had brain haemorrhage 3 years ago and now has vascular dementia. She lives at home with 4 care visits a day. I have health problems and have just come out of hospital after 3 months as I had a perforated bowel following hysterectomy. I've been home a wee...
Hi Joan, Just wanted to say hello. I was / am in a similar situation to you and I took the advice of the lovely people on this forum. My mother had brain haemorhage aged 72 - she is now 75 and after a year inhospital came home with a care package. Around this time I was retired on ill health as I ha...
Hi Caroline, My mother also has vascular dementia following a brain haemorhage. She is only 75 - she had the brain haemorhage 3 years ago. She does have a full care package which means 4 visits a day. At first I was living with her but moved out after a few months . I am married and live about a mil...
Yes Bowlingbun this op will change things as I will be physically incapable of running round after everyone. I don't mind helping please done get me wrong but it does seem a bit one sided with a total lack of consideration for my needs. It's been a tough few years since my mothers brain haemorhage -...
Thanks for your replies again. Yes Jenny she is in pretty good nick! But she can't do anything which is so awful for all concerned. I do have power of Attourney but we haven't really used it - just im puddled through. She likes to cash money every week and then at least she has some control but yes ...
Thank you for your replies. I struggle with many aspects of caring and money is no exception. She is strange witht money - will spend spend spend if she has her way on things that don't fit or are way to young for her. I find it hard to say no as she is my mother and she loves shopping. She is only ...
Hi all - I haven't posted for a while, hope you are all as well as can be expected. Quick question and I would value your opinions. My mother has full care package for which she pays the maximum amount (£55 per week charge by local authority). However as we all know she needs additional input and so...
Good morning all - yes there are far worst things than boredom and I am starting to accept that at times my mother will be bored. If she chooses not to go to physio and cancel the hairdresser ( and anything else I try and set up to make life a little bit more varied ) then that's up to her. It's dif...