[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Ok Bb thank you.
I'm worn out by it all as I'm sure we all are who have been in this situation .
Thanks for reply xx
Hi BB - she has had a CHC assessment. As usual it's been quite confusing. Since being in hospital she has stabilised and her previously challenging behaviour is now manageable. So based on how she is now she does not qualify. The do say it's an going situation with my mother - she had a brain haemor...
Hello all, Just an update again. I last posted about 7 weeks ago and my mother has been in hospital for 5. She deteriorated and would not stay in the house, constantly looking for 'her house and children. Very sad as she has lived in that house for 58 years - I was born there - but she doesn't recog...
Thank you Jenny - the thing is I don't like my husband much ATM - he has become angry and resentful so we bicker all the time. But I know he is so so so fed up and is heartbroken at what's happened to me and my botched body. I do live in hope it will heal - I havea good surgeon who is confident it w...
Understand exactly how wearing this can be. Since my mothers brain haemorhage 3 years ago she is obsessed with going out. She does have vascular dementia so slightly different circs to you I realise. Before I went ill I used to take my mother out twice a week and pop in every day ( when she also wan...
Thanks Scully and Bowlingbun. Scully I know what you mean and most ppl think there is some kind of fault involved. I don't see it like that as it's a long story and he probably saved my life. He is the top man in my area and very supportive - if I went down the blame route I would lose that support....
Thanks Jenny - yes I am in a dark place at the moment. What with spending 3 months in hospital and then coming home to lots of stress, I too feel what's the point, nothing will ever change. I'm not sure where my bowel perforation complication will lead - it may heal but it may not and then I would n...
Thank you Henrietta - I have had a look at these - the uk one is great and very supportive. The USA one tends to have some horror stories about bowel perforation after hysterectomy, I'm scared to dig any deeper to be honest. That can be the trouble with some forums - you only get the horror stories ...
Thank you all so much for your wise words. I need to look into this in detail. I may be shocked to find the care home fees are more especially as she now wanders - I seem to think that may need a more secure home. I do hope not. Im finding it so hard to cope, my own health so badly affected by the o...
Hi all - I've posted before and you have all been great. Ina nutshell : mother had brain haemorrhage and now has vascular dementia - she lives at home with 4 care visits - deteriorated over last month - wandering / completely confused / regresses 40 yrs at times / turned cooker on / falls. I am reco...