[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi all I posted a few months back. My mother died in August in a home. She’d been there for 5 years following a brain haemorrhage which then developed into advanced dementia. In February 20 she was discharged from hospital back to the residential home. I tried to have her moved to a nursing home, sh...
Bowlingbun you are right, I’m trying to do too much and I’m just exhausted by grief and all these decisions , thank you for that good advice I’m not doing anything until next week, unless I have to .
Thanks again
Thank you for your replies. Yes it is just a case of paying the debt off but it’s complicated by the fact the Welsh government allow the estate to retain £50k. The property is probably only worth about £75 K and the debt is £35 K plus there are 5 beneficiaries ( I’m one of them ) but I’m the only on...
Has anyone paid off the care home debt from their own capital to enable them to keep the deceased parents house? My mum has passed away and there is a charge on her property to the council. The beneficiaries would like to keep the house rather than selling it and would pay the debt off from their ow...
I would DEFINITELY complain, to save anyone else suffering. Complain to the CCCG about the doctor, and CQC for the failure to ensure the required medication was available when needed, in their box! When my mum was in pain, as I had POA, I told the doctor that relief of pain must be her top priority...
Penny wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 pm
How is your Mum now Worrywart?
Penny I am so sorry I never responded. The date of your post was the day the home lockdowned, she died a few days back. If you look at latest post that wasn’t the experience I wanted for her 😞
Hi all, Following on from last post my mother was discharged with a few weeks expected to live. I had had a meeting with consultant who said she could go back to residential home she didn’t have nursing needs and CHC didn’t apply. She went back to the home with a palliative care plan in place. It wa...
Londonbound wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Action against Medical Accidents

https://www.avma.org.uk/

They work to prevent medical accidents.

And help and support people who have suffered.
Thank you that looks helpful I will check it out
Problem is Bowlingbun there is a three year time limit which is up next week. I did take legal advice but it would mean I’d have to sue the doctor who is currently treating me. It’s very difficult as he is actually lovely, and I’m-not sure was even negligent but oh i don’t know what to do anymore. H...
Hi all, I’ve been a member on here for years since my mum had brain haemorrhage. She now has end stage vascular dementia and even though she is in a care home, I oversee everything. I really hope it’s ok to post this. Ironically I now receive care from my husband - here’s my story. I’m 60 this year ...