[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
As purely hypothetical , the situation as so described does not exist. However , the pessimist lurking inside of me , can envisage another hiccup in the workings of the global free market and , allied with the problems being caused by Britex uncertainties , the present level of pain and suffering di...
Mmmmmm ..... I daren't ask the NHS in case some bright spark decides it's a good idea .... phones his / her contact in Downing Street and , hey presto , a charge on social care whilst our caree is in hospital is introduced in the next budget ... projected to raise £ X billion towards the evering inc...
Yes ... there are fences to jump when assessing whether or not charges will be applied. As many current carers will be aware , the fences employed by the LAs in the social care sector are now 2 / 3 times the size of the infamous Beeches Brook on the Aintree grand national course. One sure fire way o...
NHS is certainly free ... to a point. Social care during a hospital stay is free. Social care outside a hospital but inside one's home is not free. Therefore , why is social care inside a hospital free ? One could also ask why a carer taking on the role of a trained nurse during his / her normal car...
Could not agree more ... for many carers , the hospitalization of one's caree creates hidden costs which could be even higher than having to care for the caree at home. On a couple of occasions , I was faced with a 6 / 7 hour stay in a hospital corridor to await the first bus in the morning .... £ 2...
Let's assume hospitalization for 2 / 3 weeks ... in fact , for anytime before the benefits suspensions comes into play. Our caree will receive social care of varying nature during that period. Why no bill from the NHS when on the outside , one has to pay unless undertaken by the carer ? Somewhat ton...
Hi Jenny .... mainly aimed at those of us who are / were carers for elderly parents. During my time as one of those , whenever my mother was hospitalized , we did not receive a bill for social care provided during her stay. At home , any social care was undertaken by me. If I did not care out those ...
As many of us know , if our caree is admitted to hospital , any " Social care " received is free of charge. Please ignore the many cases where the carer has to step in to replace inadequate care received in some hospitals. Given that the NHS is ( almost ) always short of finances ... for whatever re...
Thanks Susie , what I expected after trying to find out what happened to the original PRT Scheme. Scheme sounded ideal but ... for a lone carer , and I mean lone , the only point of contact would have been his / her caree. Your faith in one's local SS maybe commendable. In my past experience with th...
PRT ? Princess Royal Trust For Carers .... apparently now known as the Carers Trust. Back in 2001, their local centres were handing out these cards , I received one at the Suffolk meeting held in Oulton Broad on my birthday. My unanswered question then , and now , is .... for a lone carer , who woul...