[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am sure that every family carer and caree have sought out those links after being offered Direct Payments through their local LAs / SSs. Ignorance of the law is no excuse ... technically correct ... same apply to , say , an elderly person in their 90s " Employing " a care worker through the DP sch...
Any plans for old fashioned paper ones to be made available this year , Susie ? Even some stickers pointing carers to the online survey would not go amiss in , say , the local library ( Main focus point for Internet access here in Worksop ) , local hospitals / gp surgeries / foodbanks ? Perhaps , in...
Fine ... what about a lone caree / carer employing a care worker through Direct Payments. Would the same apply for that lone caree / carer ? Would he / she have the same training and reference manuals / books available if needed ? That's my concern ... for sleepovers funded through Direct Payments ,...
Being unemployed is a choice ... a difficult one but nevertheless , a choice. Family carers also have a " Choice " ( Even our own supporting organisations still believe that to be the case ) ... to care or not to care ... but ... what choice is there in reality ? The harsh reality is quite simple .....
Whilst many family carers will have some sympathy for care workers not being paid the minimum wage , somewhat ironic when considering the terms and conditions on which we are expected to care ... a minimum of 35 hours , many clocking in excess of 100 hours ... for the equivalent of 8 hours and a few...
What the Care Act says ... and how LAs respond ... are a continuing bone of contention. As recorded elsewhere , Carers Assesstments ... several cases for taking longer than a year , over two in one extreme case. A long trawl but the separate thread ... CARE ACT ( The Should / Would / Could Act ) ......
Hi Karen ... welcome to the canteen ... as some might say. World Parkinson's Day ... Parkinson's UK web site link : https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/get-involved/world-parkinsons-day For carers , Parkinson's Day is every day ! Your posting will attract many readers with similiar experiences , no carer ...
When the outcome of those " Discussions " are know , I trust that UNISON will use some common sense and NOT persue any individual carees for breaching the Employment laws ? A safe bet to say that some , who may have fallen foul , might had been former , or current , members of Unison ? There again ,...
The link in my last post will reveal ... most. An extract from YourThe Boss web site throws a little more light : Carers Personal Budget Many local authorities are offering carers a personal budget of their own. This is generally a one off payment which enables carers to have a break from caring. Th...
Several threads for this one to be shoe horned ... I chose this one given the unjust nature of CT and the loopholes available ... to the better off : http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/suffolk-campaigners-call-for-an-end-to-the-scandal-of-second-home-tax-avoidance-loopholes-1-5471604 Suffolk cam...