Interesting point. NHS is free at the point of delivery whereas Social Care is dependant on one's ability to pay. I can recall the initial discussions on CarerWatch some 8 / 9 years just before the last major shake-up. Concensus then was for SC to be funded out of general taxation. Subsequently , th...
Copied across from the News Section before the plug is pulled. Horror of horror for many caught in this trap. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/council-tax-rises-2017-inflation-busitng-social-care-a7467001.html I don't earn enough to pay Income Tax , still £ 30+ per week under the starti...
Copied across from the News Section before it disappears :

Auriga services guide for help with energy and water bills ... it is massive.

Full list of each utility company and their schemes available !

http://www.aurigaservices.co.uk/wp-cont ... 015_V2.pdf
That option is definately one for the Voice to consider. Both carers and their carees can potentially benefit. One aspect easily sold to our carees' supporting organisations. Taken nationwide , a potential 12 million+ ( Carers + carees ) ... just imagine ..... ? I have no preferences as to the cours...
Once this " Project " is launched , it will be interesting to see how far it reaches. First stop concessionary fares for carers in London. Depending on the outcome , can a potential change in policy be followed through into other areas ? So far , a clear case that can be appreciated by Joe Public if...
Early days but this looks rather interesting : Discrimination by association with a disabled person If you’re treated less favourably than someone else because you’re caring for an elderly or disabled person, it is called Discrimination by Association. At work you can claim Discrimination by Associa...
Said organisation together with a couple of others in related fields already on my contact list.

One of many now on our radar to be unleashed in the future should they , and others , be required.
Your opening posting has certainly galvanised the Voice into action insofar as it's now with their policy team. In plain English , the Voice will be the lead on this one. In turn , resources and contacts outside the forum have been approached should the Voice need input from external sources. The ma...
Every caree / carer relationship is unique. What works for one partnership may not work for another. Those two points flow through this thread. There is no " One size fits all " solution ... never has been , never will be. If anyone wants to blame something , how about the system ? The System that f...
In this instance , there never will be a perfect product. Only way forward is for each to be subject to those four conditions. Once a short list is established , it may be a case of a lesser of evils. In my mother's case , some days it was a question of strength even to lift a cup. Good hunting ... ...