Her focus was entirely on getting carers "back to work". [/i] One has to wonder just what CUK's priorities are ??? Supporting OUR needs or keeping us under control ... to be seen but ... definitely NOT heard ? Since 2009 , not even a even odds bet ! One of CUK's trustees posted on the forum recentl...
The scandalous detention of learning disabled people won't be stopped by a review. Urgent investment in social care is essential to address the reasons why people are locked away in inpatient units. [/size][/b] People with a learning disability face inequalities in all aspects of their lives, and a...
Better still , high time for both CUK and the Carers Trust to sit down with the DWP ... our Lord kitch as their blueprint. Last time was in 2008 : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/select-committee-on-work-and-pensions-fourth-report-2008-our-bible-also-our-jailer-tim...
My link was to the information provided by CUK itself.

One for their people to sort out !!!
Carers Non Rights Day fast approaching.

What better time for Professor Luke Clements to advise us all just how to enforce those so called rights ?

That Green Paper ... yellowing at the edges ... what's his vision for us in all of that ?

17 months and ... still no reply from CUK.
One in four childcare providers could close as 30 hours free funding falls short. " The high cost of childcare pushes women out of work as in many cases it is equal to or more than their income. Women out of work means they are not represented," says campaigner. One in four childcare providers expe...
One can only try , Butterfly. Let's all hope that said campaign produces the right result ... for , probably , hundreds of thousands out there who have had applications rejected. Like far too many issues we all experience in CarerLand , it will take the words of a judge to change the system ... the ...
I can only agree with most of the above ... logical deductions as maybe deduced from the CHC RATIONING thread. Another forum member has experienced similar setbacks ... I can only repeat my recommendation to him posted earlier today : Charles ... a long shot but ... worth investigating ... through t...
Hi Ann.

In case it's needed ... a guide to home care services ... what's available , and who provides them :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... site-37984
Yep ... plenty of cases , manor by manor , where less abled ( I do not like the word DISABLED ) citizens ... without visible signs ... suffer discrimination merely by being in the outside world. A couple of regular at my local food banks have reported " Second class " treatment from the local job ce...