[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Update: Have persuaded mum into the shower on respite days and made darn sure she has a complete set of clean clothes, 3 days a week. <br/> <br/> Even if it means I have been wearing dirty ones for days as I can't dry everything (we have no tumble dryer, so you can guess how hard it is with the b...
<t>Hello all,<br/> I sent mum off to respite yesterday showered and in clean clothes. <br/> She wasn't keen on the shower but did it (hair still dirty,as she apparently doesn't like washing her hair in the shower, but needs someone to do it for her separately).<br/> <br/> I put out a set of clean cl...
Thank you everyone for your comments, they really have helped. I guess nobody has a manual when it comes to caring and it just scared me to death to think my mum is smelly. She hated it as she was cold (they just get cold ALL THE TIME it seems when they are old!), but it made a huge difference to he...
I suppose as I live with her, it's seen as my job.... http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_neutral.gif She was meant to go to respite today, but has come down with the coughing bug that's currently going around (I had it 3 weeks ago) and didn't want to go, so for once I caved in (the hygiene issue di...
<t>I have a rather delicate issue with my mother, for whom I care.<br/> <br/> She has early stage vascular dementia, plus other underlying mental health issues (anxiety, panic attacks, depression, agoraphobia) which contribute to her dementia & the amount of care she needs.<br/> <br/> Three days...
<t>I understand melatonin isn't available OTC any more as it's meant to be used only under medical supervision. However I do know it is available by special order from one of the vitamin/supplement online suppliers, as I have used it for my thunder phobic dog.<br/> <br/> With my mum who has dementia...
Thank you for your replies - just goes to show how dizzy I am at the moment, as I forgot I even started the thread! Sorry... http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif I think you are right and I should begin POA. My sister doesn't understand this, and might put up a fight, but I will discuss ...
Hallelujah! Mum's AA came through today, and at the higher rate. I tried several times to explain to her about it but it hasn't sunk in. And, to be honest, when I asked her to sign the forms a few weeks ago, she didn't have much of an idea what she was signing http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_...
<t>It's amazingly complicated, isn't it?<br/> <br/> I get Income Support, with an added bit because I have health issues, but it's not counted as DLA.<br/> <br/> Now I am my mum's carer.<br/> Because she doesn't yet get Attendance Allowance, I can't claim Carer's Allowance. But if/when she does get ...
<t>Hmm. <br/> I'm not sure about 'bully', but as you said, she is far more advanced and 'uses' the class as practice. Does she somehow see herself as inspirational, a second teacher, perhaps? Carried away with her own ideals?<br/> <br/> Would it be possible for you to have word with your regular tea...