I'm not surprised you're worn out!
I can only second what everyone else has said. Its so easy to get bogged down so far that you've not the strength or will to do anything other than trudge on..
We will support you and help you to find your strength though. X
Hi Jenny, Thanks for replying. I dont have power of attorney, but do have my mums bank card so am able to buy stuff as and when needed. She is, for the most part quite able to understand money, etc, and I make sure that any expenses are paid for out of her money. Its just my own finances which are a...
Hello all, I'm interested to know, please, from those who care for someone, whether your caree helps you out with money or pays you a 'wage' for want of a better word? Carers allowance is not enough to manage on, I find: I don't go out, never buy anything new, and yet I'm slowly sinking into debt, w...
Hi Robin, Its important to remember that any time at all spent doing things to support your wife are counted - for example; time spent travelling to and from the shops, etc. For the record, a (lovely) social worker told me that the amount of hours a carer puts in is never really in question, as its ...
Hi shewolf, I've not read the whole post, but I would say its reasonable to expect the home to give "person centred care" to your dad, since I've no doubt the homes blurb includes something along these lines. To deliver generic care to individuals without adapting to a persons preferences is conside...
Hi George, If you phone Macmillan helpline they can fill in claim forms on your wife's behalf. There is a certificate your wife's gp can issue, (sorry, I can't remember the name of it) which basically is proof that your wife isn't expected to live longer than six months. I know.. grim, isn't it? But...
Hi Julie, You've a lot to deal with, and I hope others here can give you support to cope with everything. Have you thought about phoning the Macmillan helpline? They really are very helpful, and were able to help me fill out a disability claim form on behalf of my daughter over the phone. I'm sure t...
Hiya Brenda, Well, I don't know about brave. I just try and deal with what life has dished out to me (feel myself and my daughter have got a rough deal though!) I've not thought of a back up plan, to be honest - we sometimes barely cope as it is - hospital appointments with my daughter, having to be...
Hi Brenda,

I care for both my mum, and to a lesser extent (so far) for my daughter who has stage 4 breast cancer.
The last 6 months my daughters health has not been so good, and I'm struggling to support both of them. X
I worked with elderly people for years, and following on from the previous comments, I do remember one training session where we were told that the brain can invent things when its under stimulated. This was years ago, and training changed very much over time, so maybe this is now not relevant, but ...